Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Post [Answered] Downgraded from PS3 3.73 to 3.72 help?

Sponsored Links
    Long story short... I found my old flash drive in which I had a whole bunch of modded patch.ff, FileManager, and Back up from the firmware that was out (3.55). When I saw a back up folder I already knew it was from the time 3.55 cfw was out.

So I restored my ps3 with the back up that I checked the system firmware and it was on 3.72. (I was currently on 3.73) I was hoping that it was going to go to 3.55 but it only went to 3.72.

So basically I'm trying to say that if you have a back up on your flashdrive with important jailbroken programs try to restore your ps3 and see what you get. YOU NEVER KNOW!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Err - backup (of user data) has nothing to do with firmware - they're each kept in totally separate areas and FW partially (on older PS3 models even completely) in the NAND / NOR chips so there is no way of "downgrading" by restoring the backup. The only explanation for what you've experienced would be the non-mandatory upgraded released apart of the full upadate also in the form of patch only (as indeed was 3.72 -> 3.73 and a couple of similar before) and fact that the patch replaced just some minor files on the hard drive rather than the whole FW. Then - I'd believe that it COULD have gone "back" to 3.72 FW but even that it's would not lead to anything major so don't get your hopes high ...

Sponsored Links

non
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News