Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Question [Answered] Downgraded PS3 3.41 back to 3.56 help?

Sponsored Links
    Hi there,

following problem: IŽve downgraded a friends PS3 from 3.55 back to 3.41 ! All works fine, till now. WeŽll update to 3.56 and we get an ERROR!

When weŽll update from diffrent USB drives, it says that the UPDATE.PUP is bad. Same when we download the file directly from the internet to the PS3. Now weŽve formatted the HDD and still same...

What about Service Mode and reinstall 3.41 then back out from Service Mode and trying then to update?!

Any other ideas?! Or same problems?!

Thanks for helping me, greedings!
    Best Answer - Posted by urbanracer34:

I'm sorry, but If you try to go back to service mode on 3.56, you will be in it FOREVER, and the only fix is sending it to Sony, who will know what you tried to do.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Is there a reason you want to go to 3.56? You realize that you will loose all JB/CFW functionality right? I would suggest that you upgrade back to 3.55 OFW, then try 3.56 if you want to. Also, the file needs to be named PS3UPDAT.PUP not UPDATE.PUP.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Yep, heŽll play his games online. And yes sorry, I actually mean PS3UPDATE.PUP

But HOW can I try to go back to 3.55?! It wonŽt work, coz he sayŽs bad file... same from official Sony servers via internet update :S

you can not go back to 3.55 once you have upgraded to the 3.56 firmware. Sony took out service mode so you can no longer downgrade.

The problem you are having is that the 3.56 upgrade is an ADDITION to 3.55, not a whole patch. You need to install 3.55 OFW and then add the 3.56 patch. If you can't get this to work through the XMB try it from service mode.

I'm sorry, but If you try to go back to service mode on 3.56, you will be in it FOREVER, and the only fix is sending it to Sony, who will know what you tried to do.

Banned User
    Corrupted data error code you have to use safe mode power button code, BUT, IF YOU ARE ON 3.56 AND WANT TO DOWNGRADE YOU SIR ARE SCREWED.

Sponsored Links

Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News