Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[Answered] Downgrade from 3.50 - 3.41?

Sponsored Links
    Is it possible to downgrade from 3.50 to 3.41 via PS3 ProyServer? Ive seen some people on youtube doing it with other firmwares (2.60 to 1.10 for example).

Please help! I want to use my Jailbreak but i have 3.50 firmware..
    Best Answer - Posted by TheShroomster:

Quote Originally Posted by Yaddayadda View Post
    It's highly unlikely that it will ever be possible to downgrade a non-jailbroken PS3 with fw 3.42 and up.
    But IMO its only a matter of time with the clean lv2 dumps and such before there will be more holes found. we waited this long and look what has been accomplished, let the devs do their thing and get us a CFW. no system is 100% protected, look at how many times the CIA has been hacked. Once the system keys have been discovered and we can re-sign .pkg files its done and over with just like with the psp.

I myself have been updated by the childs friends playing while i was working so my jailbreak is useless now. I have faith in CJCP and the rest of you guys who have kept the scene alive

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    No, not at this time.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by msr View Post
    No, not at this time.
    Thanks anyway... i wish there was a way to downgrade firmwares.

It's highly unlikely that it will ever be possible to downgrade a non-jailbroken PS3 with fw 3.42 and up.

Quote Originally Posted by Yaddayadda View Post
    But IMO its only a matter of time with the clean lv2 dumps and such before there will be more holes found. we waited this long and look what has been accomplished, let the devs do their thing and get us a CFW. no system is 100% protected, look at how many times the CIA has been hacked. Once the system keys have been discovered and we can re-sign .pkg files its done and over with just like with the psp.

I myself have been updated by the childs friends playing while i was working so my jailbreak is useless now. I have faith in CJCP and the rest of you guys who have kept the scene alive
    Last edited by TheShroomster; 09-23-2010 at 05:29 PM Reason: poor spelling lol

PSP keys were NEVER found and nobody outside Sony or an authorized developer has ever been able to sign eboots for it either. Exploits are the only way (even to this day) to enable homebrew by removing the requirement for signed code (just as the jailbreak does for the PS3). Truth is, nobody in the scene will likely ever have the keys either.

Are the keys independent to the ps3 or is it a matter of figuring out the algorithm of the signing process?

if youre DESPERATE call up sony service department and ask for them to downgrade it to 3.15 so you can use otheros

if theyre like wtf? say its broken and "if i get it fixed i cant use my otheros"

will they do that? i have 2 broken phats. one thats b/c launch and another that had emulation

My advice would be to quickly sell the PS3 that was updated beyond 3.41 on ebay and buy a new one at a store; at least for now you can still get new PS3s with 3.40 (though I am sure Sony will soon start shipping PS3s with either 3.41 or 3.50 preinstalled).

Sponsored Links

Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News