Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[Answered] Does the PS3 Backup Utility backup/change firmware?

Sponsored Links
    I recently got a new PS3slim and I want to back up my 80gb ps3 to the slim. My question is does the backup utility also back up the firmware? my 80gb is fw3.5 and my slim is fw3.41 does the difference in firmware matter like it does when using the transfer utility? I would like to transfer my back up without loosing the functionality of my fw3.41 slim. thanks
    Best Answer - Posted by Davet669:

went along with it and discovered that it does not matter if the systems have different firmwares, the backup works regardless.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I would say that the firmware sits in the memory of the PS3, and not on the HDD. So that wouldn't work.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    went along with it and discovered that it does not matter if the systems have different firmwares, the backup works regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by Demon Cleaner View Post
    I would say that the firmware sits in the memory of the PS3, and not on the HDD. So that wouldn't work.
    that's actually not correct though, as they reduced the flash size on all PS3s after.. i believe the second edition of 60GBs were released(?)-i could be wrong about the exact model, but that much is true.

and instead of installing the firmware to the flash (not "memory"), it does indeed install to the hard drive just like a computer OS.
    but i'm still not sure about backup utility containing the firmware though but i really doubt it.

otherwise you would be able to use the backup utility to downgrade to 3.41-.

Sponsored Links

Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - PS3 Forums - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News