Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

[Answered] Does JB PS3 accept a NTFS HDD?

Sponsored Links
    Does JB PS3 accept a NTFS HDD, or does it have to be a FAT 32?

I am running JB with backup manager and i can't load games with files bigger than 4GB , i have tried the psarc program but to no avail. I see posts from people that are playing games like red dead redemption but how do they get them onto the backup manager?

The only games i have managed to load to BM are Fifa 11 and bayonetta.

Thanks
    Best Answer - Posted by barbnjason:

Yes need to have FAT32 formated HDD. Help with psarc can be found here.

Guide: How to Run PS3 Games with 4+GB Files from External HDD

And you need the .NET framework v4.0.30319 for it to work.

And yes you need some sort of FTP running on your ps3.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    To play games that are 4gb+ you will have to use ftp to transfer to your internal. There are many ftp's for the ps3 now, I read good things about blackbox ftp. You can download from the download section but if like me you have recently signed up here you wont have permission to download so you will have to search elsewhere or get your overall activity up. I cant, but also wont download from here, in protest to the activity rule.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Yes need to have FAT32 formated HDD. Help with psarc can be found here.

Guide: How to Run PS3 Games with 4+GB Files from External HDD

And you need the [Register or Login to view links] for it to work.

And yes you need some sort of FTP running on your ps3.

Also - if you don't want to or can't use FTP to transfer your games to PS3 have a look here http://www.ps3news.com/ps3-hacks-jai...r-ps3-arrives/ ... You can split larges files using this tool and then Open Manger to copy the games to the internla PS3 hard drive - it will automatically rejoin the splitted files.

Thank you for those responses , great. But i am a real noobie- i installed black box but dont understand the ftp client choice and password etc. Also i have installed the Microsoft .NET framework to my pc but do not see it -how do i operate this ? I'm sorry , I am sure it is simple but i would rather have someone walk me through both those situations.

Thanks

After you installed blackbox run it. The IP-address of the PS3 is on the screen. From your PC you can connect to the PS3 using a FTP client like FileZilla (use the IP-address on your PS3) or any other FTP client and connect with user and password is blank.

thank you foebar , iam i ok enabling my internet on the ps3 because i disabled it in case ps3 tried to update me?

thanks

I would not do that if I where U just take a cable straight from your PC to the PS3 Set-up your connection by creating a static ip & dns on both (in my case I did 192.168.1.4 on ps3 & 192.168.1.2 on PC DNS on 1.1.1.1) If you don`t know where to find this: Select the properties on your ethernet adapter select IP4 properties....

Should work this way...

Quote Originally Posted by spideygower View Post
    thank you foebar , iam i ok enabling my internet on the ps3 because i disabled it in case ps3 tried to update me?
    PS3 will NOT update on it's own - it will only prompt you to do so but you can go manually to the update option and confirm it several times before it actually goes ahead and install the update so no reall worries there. Some people are being a bit too paranoid about this

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by GrandpaHomer View Post
    PS3 will NOT update on it's own - it will only prompt you to do so but you can go manually to the update option and confirm it several times before it actually goes ahead and install the update so no reall worries there. Some people are being a bit too paranoid about this
    It's because we all remember 3.21 TOS, where we "agreed" to allow Sony updates without our concern. So it's a matter of time, literaly, to push updates without signing into PSN

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News