Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Well I think it`s better to be carefull today the sorry tommorow

Btw won`t it still login to psn anyway?? Then still you wold be risking a block...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    What I've done is to block the PS3 gaining access to the internet although it still has network access via my router.

Simples - give the PS3 a static IP number on your network on the router.

Blocked that Ip number from accessing the internet.

FTP still works PC - PS3 and can still watch films etc screamed from the home PC.

Rich

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I know it`s a bit off topic but can you explain me how you did that because I tried to do the exact same thing but didn`t succeed, I can`t block ip`s but just took the mac adress from the PS3.. but as I did that it blocked internet acces to my entiere network

Btw got a RT-N15 if that helps fix the problem...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by richdotward View Post
    What I've done is to block the PS3 gaining access to the internet although it still has network access via my router.
    That is a good one! I am going to try that one myself. Thanks.

Regarding the auto update:

I don't think Sony will try an auto update because people will surely try to abort the update which will potentially result in bricked consoles.

Quote Originally Posted by Ecniv View Post
    I know it`s a bit off topic but can you explain me how you did that because I tried to do the exact same thing but didn`t succeed, I can`t block ip`s but just took the mac adress from the PS3.. but as I did that it blocked internet acces to my entiere network

Btw got a RT-N15 if that helps fix the problem...
    Mines a netgear WGT624v4 - setup is quite simple for me. Your router may not support it though?

1) LAN IP Setup - 192.168.1.6 Playstation 00:##:##:##:C9:6C (MAC address of your PS3)

2) In block service - port 1 - 65535 all types TCP / UDP with my static PS3 IP

And all done - no internet but full network access.

Rich

Thank you all for your answers , I am good now , tried the split program and open manager everything works

Cant wait till it does.

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News