Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[Answered] DNS Error 80710102

Sponsored Links
    I keep getting this error whenever I try to connect to the PlayStation Network:

"An error occurred during communication with the server. This is a DNS error. (80710102)"

Does anyone know what I can do to fix this? I went into the Cmd and did ipconfig/all to find the two DNS servers on my laptop. but it didn't work. I am currently using my university's connection in my dorm room, and it's plugged directly into the wall. Any help would be most appreciated!
    Best Answer - Posted by PS3 News:

From the error code list: 80710102 - IP conflict, PS3 Cannot connect to the router with current IP information - Try rebooting your router.

Not sure how accurate that is, but worth a try anyway.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    i used to get that error (or something very similar to it) back when i had simple dns running to spoof the firmware version on my ps3.

Are you sure its not something as simple as your network settings on the ps3, because if you have a direct connection from your console to the wall its either that or something your uni admins have set up. Has this just recently happened?

I cant really be of much more help.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Well, I set everything to auto the first and third times around, and still no luck. It just keeps stopping on the Internet Connection test. I'm on the latest firmware, so I don't know what else to do about this. I will get in contact with the ISP, though...

Lightbulb

From the error code list: 80710102 - IP conflict, PS3 Cannot connect to the router with current IP information - Try rebooting your router.

Not sure how accurate that is, but worth a try anyway.

Yeah, I found out the solution. I just left it alone for a while, came back, and it worked. It could be due to overpopulation, network errors, etc. Just need to be on the latest firmware and just be patient. That's all.

Sponsored Links

Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - PS3 Forums - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News