Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

[Answered] Display PS3, Guessing 2.8 Demo Code?

Sponsored Links
    Hey guys, I'm new to the forums here so let me start off by saying hi! Now then, on to business. I've been wanting a PS3 for a while now and the opportunity popped up at the wal-mart to buy systems (that I didn't know were displays at the time :/ ) and I figured it couldn't hurt. They were silent auctions so I didn't know what to bid so I just threw in $250 as my bid.

Well, I won and brought it home to find out it was a demo model (yay) and was a bit unhappy. My question is, was it worth $250? It has a 160gb hdd, two controllers (one has no pads on the thumbs lol) one being a brand-new dualshock3. Came with all the cables minus the component cables (also yay) so it has its HDMI cable, controller charge cable, power cord, etc.

It also came with a new copy of NCAA 2009. So, would you have paid that much for it? Seems like it's just gonna be trouble since it'll only play for 30 minutes right? Metal Gear solid has cutscenes that are longer than that...so problem.

Sponsored Links

Arrow

Sponsored Links
    I moved your thread here from the PS3 Debug section... as you are referring to a Demo PS3 not a Debug unit.

That being said, the best suggestion I can offer is to try unlocking it using one of these unlock codes:

http://www.ps3news.com/forums/ps3-gu...ide-99034.html

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Oh, alright that's fine Thank you for the move. While I'm still here, I'll also ask... where can I download the newest firmware? And have any of them removed the 30 minute play time?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Nah, I wouldn't ever expect them to remove that limit as that is what demos are intended for... which is why the unlock codes exist.

As for where to download the latest PS3 Demo Firmware, grab it here:

US Demo FW 2.8: [Register or Login to view links]

EU Demo FW 2.8: [Register or Login to view links]

I hate to keep bothering you, but is the unlock code for 2.8 released yet? If not I have some spare time and can help sit around and try to brute it out with everyone. I found a thread with all the codes but 2.8 wasn't on there. Oh, and off topic but thanks for the links and quick support. Nice to see such quick admin response time, shows dedication to the forum which they run. I frequent some forums where such is almost unheard of, and it's quite annoying. I think that I could grow to like this site.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Coelacanth View Post
    I hate to keep bothering you, but is the unlock code for 2.8 released yet? If not I have some spare time and can help sit around and try to brute it out with everyone.
    Not yet, but when it is it'll be added there.

If you had the time (or perhaps some others here with Demo's can help too) it would be a good idea to try "guessing" it as that is how all of them are found pretty much.

The last six listed have been in the 6558-9015 range, so hopefully the 2.8 is somewhere in there as well which may narrow it down a bit. If we had a small team of people with PS3 Demos who each did a few hundred only it probably wouldn't take too long.

Alright can't find the 2.8 code anywhere so I've started trying to guess the number. I've tried from 3000-3200 in about ten minutes. So, that's 200 out of 10000 numbers tried. Which means I've already tried 1/50 of the numbers. So, multiply the time taken so far, 10 minutes, by 50 and you get 500 minutes which is about 8 hours 23 minutes or so.

Hopefully the correct number is in the half I try first, which would cut my time in half. If it would only take 8 hours at the maximum by myself, imagine getting 2 people trying and cutting that time in half. My mind has to think that somewhere there is a dedicated group of people trying to get the code and since it would only take 8 people an hour I have to wonder how it hasn't been cracked yet lol. It is rather annoying though. Gotta break up the monotony or else I'll go crazy XD

EDIT: Lol we are thinking along the same lines then. Am I able to edit my topic title? I'd like it to say Guessing 2.8 demo PS3 code or something like that. If others would help it wouldn't take too long, as you said. I'm gonna move into the area that you said the last six have been in. Maybe it'll be there.
    Last edited by Coelacanth; 06-28-2009 at 10:01 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Coelacanth View Post
    Am I able to edit my topic title? I'd like it to say Guessing 2.8 demo PS3 code or something like that.
    I updated it for ya.. perhaps someone else with a Demo will see this thread and lend a hand as well.

Alright, cool. If anyone sees this thread I've tried 3000-3500. I'll warn you folks who try though, it get's VERY boring. I've had 3000 hours of Phantasy star's repetitiveness and this still grinds into me. So, be warned that finding the code could come at the cost of your sanity. XD

just finished the entire 8000-9000 range with no luck.

2.8 demo code is NOT 3000-3500 or 8000-9000

anyone found it?

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News