Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[UnAnswered] Display Demo Icons, but delete Demos help?

Sponsored Links
    I need to delete some demos i've previosuly downloaded from PSN to free up some space, but i really like some of the animation sequences when highlighting their icons.

What files can i safely delete from the internal drive via FTP, and which ones should i leave so that i can only browse and highlight the icons, but without any actual game files to exist?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    That's a weird question. You want to delete the game demos without deleting the animations? For what exactly? Show Off?

Anyway, there should be a ".bik" file in the USRDIR or PS3_GAME. Check that it is small, 'cos I don't know the exact filename for the animations. Hope that helps.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Do you know the exact path where the demos are stored though?

Obviously. You need to know the titleid of the demo in question. Then navigate to that numbered folder in dev_hdd0/GAME.

Alternatively if you don't know the titleid, open each folder and check the PIC0.PNG to identify your game.

I believe after you have done what DaedalusMinion said, and found the game demo folder you wish to keep the anim, just rename the user folder within putting a 1 at the end or something, then power off PS3, then try to see if it worked, if it did then go back to ftp and remove that user folder. Truthfully i think it will mess things up, because you go and click on it and it will freeze looking for missing files.

Agree some of the animations are very nice, and a Homebrew app would be nice for you so you can view them like within a slid show. Hope this helps.
    Last edited by daveshooter; 02-15-2011 at 11:16 AM

Sponsored Links

Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News