Results 1 to 4 of 4



  1. #1
    Registered User chillidawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    10

    [Answered] Deleted category_game_tool2.xml, no GAME icon items?


    Hi guys! Hope you can help.

    Wanted some PS2 action on my 3.41 PS3 so I went ahead and tried to replace category_game_tool2.xml. My ftp client crapped out (probably after deleting the old file and before copying the new file).

    When booting the PS3 normally, everything works fine, but in JB mode, no items under GAME icon.

    I decided to re-install 3.41 but after putting it in \PS3\UPDATE\PS3UPDAT.PUP, I get "no applicable update data was found". This happens for USB HDD, SD Card and DVD .

    Same error message in recovery mode when update is in \PS3UPDAT.PUP

    I thought it was probably because it was the same version so I decided to update to 3.50 and downgrade but same error messages everytime!

    I was running open manager and multiman fine before, and also my HDD works perfect so I don't know what the issue is.

    When I do network update it seems as though that wants to work but I can't downgrade from 3.55 so I don't want to do that.

    What can I do? Does multiman work in 3.55 now?

    Cheers.

  2. #2
    Registered User afiser13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    22

    is the usb you have for sure properly formatted for the ps3 to read it? (aka fat32 not fat16 or similar)

    i had the same problem once and formatting the usb fixed it.

    you could try service mode to install the pup also although i do not have any first hand experience with it.

  3. #3
    Toucan Sam CJPC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    2,174
    Someone correct me if I'm wrong - but I believe in recovery mode (which, you want to use) the update file needs to be in PS3\UPDATE, vs just on the root of the usb drive.

  4. #4
    Registered User chillidawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    10
    SUCCESS. I places 2 copies of 3.41 on a dvd (one on root and one in \ps3\update\ps3updat.pup [just in case]) and it reinstalled.

    Homebrew working from JB again.

    Thanks again!

    PS: Drive was formatted as FAT32 already.
    Last edited by chillidawg; 01-09-2011 at 08:59 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost