Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[Answered] Delete PS3 downloaded system update help?

Sponsored Links
    Hello all,

I had automatic downloads on awhile back when I was on Rogero 4.21 and it automatically downloaded 4.30 - is there any way to delete the system update that was downloaded? I tried to FTP and find it but no luck.

Thanks!
    Best Answer - Posted by ROOKI3:

you should be fine by just deleting the update that was downloaded, since you never istalled it, it's like a game update when the comes out (gamedata).

Banned User
    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    no you can't. you'll need to downgrade with a flasher, but i don't think you can just yet using an E3 since the 4.30 just came out.

Banned User
    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    i don't think hes installed the update somehow, or how would he be ftping. i'm assuming its just on the harddrive but somehow you haven't installed it and your still on rogero 3.55 with 4.25 spoof or rogero 4.21v1 with 4.25 spoof.

not sure though. not sure if its even possible.

I think you can if you go into recovery mode and use "Restore system" or wipe your hard drive. Make sure to make a backup before doing that though. The lowest dash I was able to go to was 4.00. Which I don't know if that is low enough.

Banned User
    nope

That is just stupid. You have to be on 3.55 to upgrade to 4.21 CFW. Thats oh most pointless. What about US stuck on 4.21 OFW.

Banned User
    wait, anything could be possible soon. who knows or downgrade with hardware to 3.55

Banned User
    If your still on Rogero , Just format the hdd , If your worried that much , then turn off Automatic updates , You shouldn't have it enabled anyway its checked off by default afaik

I was thinking of wiping the the HD but hoping I did not have to resort to that since I have used up my 500GB of HD space for PSN/PS3 games. I am on 4.21 1.09 Rogero - but I didn't want to accidentally update since the update is already downloaded onto the pS3.

You guys are quick response! keep em coming if anyone has any other solution! I enabled automatic download when Rogero 4.21 came on - I started a game and allowed automatic. Didnt realize it was for everything including sys update.

Banned User
    you should be fine by just deleting the update that was downloaded, since you never istalled it, it's like a game update when the comes out (gamedata).

Sponsored Links
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News