Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[Answered] Decryption of phat PS3 HDD help?

Sponsored Links
    Hi playstation hackers, Today I pulled out the HDD of my old totaled CECHAxx NTSC PS3 (original 60GB) for data extraction.

I already know about ENCDEC keys and various encryption shenanigans on the HDD, My question is this:

Can I decrypt it without powering on my PS3?

Is there a way of pulling the AES key(s) without the help of the PS3 OS, Or maybe even bypassing the encryption altogether? I'm not sure it's possible to make the PS3 functional enough to extract the keys.

The data I'm interested in: save files and saved login info(So I only need access to the gameOS and FAT32 partitions, I think?).

Thanks in advance!
    Best Answer - Posted by niwakun:

you need the EID keys and you can get them through software method (via CFW) or hardware method (via flasher)

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Yes read here - http://www.ps3news.com/forums/ps3-ha...tml#post460827

Read through all three pages in case of updates.

I haven't read up on all of it, so not sure about your question with AES key(s)

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    If your console is dead so are the keys , there is no way currently of decrypting any ps3 hdd with out them.

you need the EID keys and you can get them through software method (via CFW) or hardware method (via flasher)

Sponsored Links

Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News