Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[Answered] Decrypting PS3 HDD on CFW 4.30 help?

Sponsored Links
    So this might be a little long-winded, but I honestly haven't touched my PS3 in probably a good year. I'd like to check out Ni No Kuni, which requires CFW 4.30. Back in the day, I killed the power on my PS3 and now it wants me to reformat the hard drive. I never did, as it was a 640gb, I had ALL my gamesaves on there (literally weeks worth), and had spare hard drives.

So reading this: http://www.ps3news.com/ps3-hacks-jai...evand-arrives/

...I have no clue where to even begin. My goal would be to restore my gamesaves, or rather, pull all my saves off, format, then put them back on.

So I was going to put it off till there was an easier way to do it, like with Xbox 360 HDDs.

Now I'm at a dilemma. I want to play Ni No Kuni, but to do so I have to updated to CFW 4.30. Will this nix any chance I have at recovering the savedata? Will it change any of the keys? The original 640gb is still laying in storage and hasn't been touched since that day. I currently have a 40gb inside my PS3.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    You found the right thread, and I hate too say this if you can't decrypt it with that info, then give up and format and start your saves over.

One other way you might get around it, is too change out the hdd. Then reboot, and let it format.. reinstall the CFW you had on it.

Then shut down and try the old hdd again.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Well, I mean I can make do with the 40gb I have in it right now, I was just wondering if updating to 4.30 would change anything whereas I won't be able to recover the data. I think I remember someone saying I needed some sort of key (EID root key perhaps?) to do the actual decrypting, and I was wondering if any of that changes.

I have some programming knowledge, but I wouldn't know the first thing to do with that guide. Not very noob friendly.

Sponsored Links

Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News