Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Post [Answered] Decrypting/extracting 3.72 PSN PKG files help?

Sponsored Links
    So I want to decrypt and extract this PKG file that was released recently on the PSN Store (Uncharted 3 Subway Promotion). It doesn't work on Mathieulh's extractor v1.

Is there any program out there that can do this? (I tried searching)
    Best Answer - Posted by Tidusnake666:

I've tried unpacking PSN pkgs (demos) with UnPKG, and got an error regardless of FW. If you're using Rebug or unpacking Debug PSN content, it could work, but not for a Retail PSN.

Maybe I'm wrong, but it doens't seem so.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Simple. Enjoy!

http://www.ps3news.com/ps3-hacks-jai...g-Utility-Out/

Sponsored Links

Decrypting/extracting 3.72 PSN PKG files help? (Getting an error)

Sponsored Links
    I was looking for a decryptor/extractor for the Uncharted 3 Subway Promotion, but it gave me the same error I got when I tried mathieuh's Extractor. I should have mentioned that before.

The error is: Destination array was not long enough. I get this message after the process bar is done and it leaves a .dec file in the folder the PKG file is in. Is there a way to fix this?

Is there anyone that can help?
    Last edited by fadi002; 10-06-2011 at 08:22 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Right click and press Run As Administrator. Then try it.

I'm sure it's encrypted with commercial NDPRM keys, which are unknown to this point. So, it can't be done now.

Oh, and that tool is for "homebrew" pkg's or debug-signed.

It is?? I've unpacked content straight from PSN before...

If he's right then it looks like you might be stick with unpacking it in HxD or e.t.c.

I've tried unpacking PSN pkgs (demos) with UnPKG, and got an error regardless of FW. If you're using Rebug or unpacking Debug PSN content, it could work, but not for a Retail PSN.

Maybe I'm wrong, but it doens't seem so.

So when can it be done?

Can I ask, what's this for? I've been searching for a tool to download PSN games to the PC and install it through USB to my PS3, is that possible?

I want to look at the files inside and see the whole list of maps, guns, emblems, etc.. I did this with the original beta and I found lots of useful stuff.

Anyways, you can't install games from external sources on an unmodded PS3.

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - PS3 Forums - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News