[Answered] Dead rising 2 - Invalid EBOOT.bin

I downloaded a copy of dead rising off of the internet. FTP'd it to my internal HDD on my PS3, when trying to boot it I am just getting the invalid EBOOT.bin error message.

Any ideas?

Had the same problem, but the problem was obvious. The backup manager can't read the eboot because it's in another subfolder. To fix this, simply delete the preceeding subfolder - for example, this is what the folder setup looked like before I fixed it.

GAMEZ/BLT_DR2/BLEU0000/PS3_GAME - to fix this, simply copy the contents of the BLEU0000 folder into the GAMEZ folder, and then delete the BLT_DR2 folder. The setup should look like this: GAMEZ/BLEU0000/PS3_GAME. Backup manager will then recognize the game.
    Last edited by Kadamose; 09-24-2010 at 02:24 PM

I'm rather confused here. Currently my game lies in; dev_hdd0/game/LAUN12345/GAMEZ is there an issue with that at all?

Quote Originally Posted by The Flashbulb View Post
    I'm rather confused here. Currently my game lies in; dev_hdd0/game/LAUN12345/GAMEZ is there an issue with that at all?
    Thats the total path of your game DIR. It's correct.

So, forgive my idiocy but what exactly am I removing in order to have the EBOOT file recognised? It's then GAMEZ/PS3_GAME
    Last edited by The Flashbulb; 09-24-2010 at 02:51 PM

Quote Originally Posted by The Flashbulb View Post
    So, forgive my idiocy but what exactly am I removing in order to have the EBOOT file recognised? It's then GAMEZ/PS3_GAME
    it should be GAMEZ/gameid/ps3_game/EBOOT.BIN

gameid is for example like bm LAUN12345 <-- looks different for games usually start BLES/BCES think its some region thing,