Thread: dead ps3 help

Exclamation [Answered] dead ps3 help

Hi everybody,

I m new here, my ps3 bricked after update, now it reboots itself, no xmb (black screen), I did purchase the infectus 2 modchip hoping to try do something, if you have suggestions you re welcome, cause i dont know if i will be able to dump my NAND, since the ps3 turns off after one minute.

Thank's

wasn't there a recovery menu put in it firmware v2.5?

i'm not sure if it was removed or what after...u could try it... here are the steps:

* Place your PS3 in STANDBY mode
    * Hold the power button until you hear 2 beeps.
    * If it goes into the video reset setting then you messed up, and do it again till you hear a double beep.

Other than that, since firmware stuff is stored on the hard drive and the flash is supposed to be less frequently updated, maybe ur lucky enough to only have something on the hard drive messed up, you should be able to wipe the hard drive on a pc (reformat it with no partitions) and try again, i think u'll need to put the firmware update on a memory stick or somethin like that.

good luck

Quote Originally Posted by jevolution View Post
    wasn't there a recovery menu put in it firmware v2.5?
    thanks for the reply , and to answer , yes it was a recovery mode in the 2.5 fw, but mine just bricked before i had that one ( my bad luck ), it s because of that i brought infectus 2 modchip to try to read the nand.

do u think its possible even the ps3 shuts down itself ?

In order to determine what has happened to your console;

1.) Please describe what happens from boot - shutdown.

2.) Hold Power for 3 Beeps and see if the PS3 Works again.

Regards

Footylad

Banned User
    Quote Originally Posted by prins022 View Post
    thanks for the reply , and to answer , yes it was a recovery mode in the 2.5 fw, but mine just bricked before i had that one ( my bad luck ), it s because of that i brought infectus 2 modchip to try to read the nand.

do u think its possible even the ps3 shuts down itself ?
    if you do end up getting your chip installed you can contact me and i will try my best to help you.

What fw was your console on before you tried to update?
    Last edited by idone; 01-23-2009 at 06:09 PM

okey, I appreciate your quick-answers guys..
    Here is the story:

*when I boot , it blinks one time on the hard drive led, one minute later it blinks again on the same led , and shuts down (seems like it's searching for the update wich must be normally on the hard drive but doesn't find it, it does the same with a new hard drive)
    *when i press the on/off button, it only beep once and shuts off immediately. no way to make a reset.
    *I remember it did brick up passing from the 2.4 to the 2.5 (it was the one before the recovery mode).

I ll try to install the modchip asap, please dont hesitate to give me advice if there are other things.
    thanks a lot
    Last edited by prins022; 01-23-2009 at 11:44 PM

Right.....

Ok, you have a full brick, like i have, i assume you have some cold/warm dumps of your Firmware, as you have an infectus? If so we can revive your console. Just confirm, this is the sequence at which your console;

If so, your console is a FULL Brick, and if you do not have any Cold/Warm Dumps, you are in trouble unfortunatly!

I too have a full brick, without dumps, and myself an idone are working on Anaylsis of Corrupt Nands on a full brick sequence like yours and mine. Your help would be greatly apreciated. Regards

Footylad

Hi, Yeah I've seen the video and somewhere I'm a little bit happier cause I'm not the only one having a 'full brick', then to continue i did not install the modchip yet, but once done you can count on me to test with you,

I'm your man, man, lol.