Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[UnAnswered] Data Transfer Utility Question?

Sponsored Links
    Been doing the data transfer utility since 6:00AM Eastern, its now 1:30PM and its at 98% stuck the HDD blinks here and there but its not finishing, this is from my 80GB console to my new slim 160gb. what is the problem?

Banned User
    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I Dont think it should take that long to transfer 80GB.

I think it has probably failed But i wouldnt cancel it yet incase its doing some kind of file signing and will eventually work. If it has failed I dont know where that leaves you with your content, I would say any movies, photos ,videos etc will have transfered ok (as long as they wasnt in 2% that never transferred of course!) As for purchased games/purchased videos there is a good chance they wont work without transfer completing to 100%. I dont know if your original ps3s content will be intact either, not sure if it verifies transfer before deleting original. maybe it does verify and delete but on a file by file basis, anyone know this?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Its the 80GB ps3 with a 640GB hard drive in it lol, its been 3 hours now on 98% i was just transferring it, i think i should use my actual 80gb hard drive

to transfer next time -_-. so the reason its taking long because of the "backups" on my hard drive?

Edit* If i cancel it my slim will just say "hey files are corrupt gotta format"
    Last edited by 0odama; 10-09-2010 at 04:34 PM

Banned User
    That is your problem , Dont think sony made the transfer utility with backups in mind! lol

Its not just a low level copy of data, all the zeros and ones, it actually looks at the data too to see if its a purchased game, demo, video ,savefile etc. think you better start again!

Sponsored Links

Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - PS3 Forums - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News