Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[Answered] Customizing music in a PS3 game help?

Sponsored Links
    In short - Is it possible to replace the music in a game? For example, could you take one of your own mp3's, convert it to whatever format ps3 uses, then repack it into a games data file, and have that new song play in game?

Have a couple games that I love, but would love them even more if I could customize the music (and replace some repetitive tracks).

Thanks for any advice!
    Best Answer - Posted by misiozol:

Yes , it's possible but to do that your console would have to be on CFW and it's dependent on game if this particular sound track can be extracted/deleted and replaced with same name.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Yes , it's possible but to do that your console would have to be on CFW and it's dependent on game if this particular sound track can be extracted/deleted and replaced with same name.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I am on cfw 3.55. Oh how epic it would be to replace the default battle theme on Tales of Xilia with:

In the PS3_GAME/USRDIR directory I have a "TLFILE.TLDAT" 2gig file. I assume the music is in there? Can anyone please advise me on how to...

1.) Open this archive and find the music files.
    2.) Play the music files so I can identify the song I want to replace (I imagine they are in some special format and require conversion).
    3.) Convert a standard mp3 to this special format.
    4.) Replace a audio file and repack the archive.

Thanks in advance for any help! There are tons of games that I just couldn't get into due to a annoying/repetitive song, so this will be great!

Hard to say if that is correct file as I do not have this game but you may ask in this topic: http://www.ps3news.com/forums/ps3-cf...-a-124001.html

some users may know which file is it , then we can do more progress.

Sponsored Links
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News