Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[Answered] Custom Icons for Default Folder Icons help?

Sponsored Links
    Is it possible to customise the default folder icon to a different more visually exciting icon?

Can each chosen folder icon be customised individually?
    Best Answer - Posted by severusx:

I'm not sure how the PS3 creates icons for those files. I use PS3 Media Server to stream media from my home server to my PS3 and it creates thumbnails of each video to be used as the icon.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Which "folders" are you talking about? The main category icons like Game, Network, Video, etc.? Or the icons of items under the category?

Currently there is no way that I know of to edit the main category icons, as they are stored in encrypted .sprx files that we haven't cracked. The item icons however may be manipulated by editing their .rco file. Check this thread: http://www.ps3news.com/forums/ps3-ha...er-113703.html

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Sorry, to be more precise I'm talking about the folder icons under the category VIDEO, I have tons of films on an external drive and I'm tired of seeing the boring default folder icons.
    Last edited by tim132; 03-02-2011 at 05:39 AM

I'm not sure how the PS3 creates icons for those files. I use PS3 Media Server to stream media from my home server to my PS3 and it creates thumbnails of each video to be used as the icon.

Quote Originally Posted by tim132 View Post
    Sorry, to be more precise I'm talking about the folder icons under the category VIDEO, I have tons of films on an external drive and I'm tired of seeing the boring default folder icons.
    install a theme..

Sponsored Links

Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News