Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[Answered] Is it the Custom FW they are talking about?

Sponsored Links
    Hey guys out there, Recently i had been googling for some ps3 hacks or developments and came across this thread:
    [Register or Login to view links]

I am not sure what they are talking about..? maybe custom firmware or something like that... I would really appreciate if somebody could tell me what these guys are upto... And i'm no coder or programmer nor i know how to do it so am just asking this for the purpose of some knowledge and also informing u guys.
    Best Answer - Posted by PS3 News:

Yea, we posted on that 79 days ago here: http://www.ps3news.com/ps3-hacks-jai...ment-effort-1/

Basically as stated linked above, it's just a collaborative development effort in hopes of finally getting a freeware (non-Sony) legal PS3SDK rolling similar to their PS2SDK project.

PS3 Custom Firmware can not come into the picture until the Retail PS3 console is unlocked and able to run unsigned code on it, so it will probably be quite awhile on that.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Yea, we posted on that 79 days ago here: http://www.ps3news.com/ps3-hacks-jai...ment-effort-1/

Basically as stated linked above, it's just a collaborative development effort in hopes of finally getting a freeware (non-Sony) legal PS3SDK rolling similar to their PS2SDK project.

PS3 Custom Firmware can not come into the picture until the Retail PS3 console is unlocked and able to run unsigned code on it, so it will probably be quite awhile on that.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    hey first of all i'm really sorry i didn't check it out before posting this thread... And now thanx a lot for clearing this thing... So It's just a free sdk they are developing so that they (or freelance developers out there) don't have to license from sony... right...?

Yep, that is correct... and so that the community can all contribute to updating it as a group.

hey thank you for clearing me out. Hey one more thing... can you please tell me what the people at demonhades when they talk about this "Core Leu graphic core"...
    Last edited by Nishank; 09-25-2009 at 07:35 AM

I can't read Spanish, so not exactly sure... if I had to guess though, possibly some sort of Linux PC software that renders text to screen. They may be saying it could be ported to PS3 Linux... but why bother, seems like a waste eh?

Its a kind of graphical interface to personalize, or a graphic interface on ps3 linux.

Sponsored Links
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News