Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[Answered] Custom / alternative PSN server for JB ps3's?

Sponsored Links
    i'd like to initiate some speculation on an independently hosted PSN server... by modding the ps3 firmware (perhaps via the USB firmware loader) for all hacked ps3's to play together with.

the mod could just redirect to the server for us, similar to how the proxy trick would redirect to a server that reports back the same (or lower) firmware version.

it could, for example be hosted by ps3news.com and have a dedicated section with a donation meter at the top showing the annual goal to meet (or beat) hosting costs, and the current amount payed for.

anyone think this would be remotely possible? if this were possible... would you contribute?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    For playing you can use Xlink: teamxlink.co.uk

But for create any custom PSN/FW you must have many knowledges.

If you are reverser or programmer you can make some progress, but if not - you can't.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    This would be great! Xbox has xbConnect as an alternative to Xbox live so why cant we have our own alternative?

from the xbConnect website
    XBConnect is software that runs on your PC and will let you play Microsoft Xbox/360 games and Sony PSP games with players from around the world. Imagine plugging your Xbox/360 or PSP into a LAN that went around the planet. Load up Halo, Halo 2, Rainbow Six 3 or any other compatible game and you can play with people all over the world. Thats what we do for you. You dont have to pay for expensive online gaming services anymore. Gone are the days of being stuck with career modes. If you got a PC, broad band internet and a game console, then all you need is XBConnect. So what are you waiting for? Get XBConnect and get your Xbox, 360 and PSP online today!

Giving me chills on this.

and who would spend money for maintaining a server just for fun and all other ps3 jb user?

Maintaining an online server with stable internet connection and 24/7 online (with a descent hardware) is waste of money. This is the main problem.

Banned User
    This was already mentioned 2 weeks ago from me. next time please use the search function.

http://www.ps3news.com/forums/ps3-ha...rk-113298.html

its posible to do so. but there is no coder who have enought time to work on this project. you have to reverse engeneer the whole psn system and rebuild it.

the rebuild is pretty easy, but the reverse engeneering is not that easy. we will see in future if there will be something.

greetings
    Warrorar

search engines look for specified words... the following terms are the only logical key words i could have searched for, which would all yield dozens if not hundreds of results:

-server
    -PSN
    -Playstation Network

think about it

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by dragonsan View Post
    and who would spend money for maintaining a server just for fun and all other ps3 jb user?
    Yes. I would. But for this task only servers - it is not enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonsan View Post
    Maintaining an online server with stable internet connection and 24/7 online ( with a descent hardware ) is waste of money. This is the main problem.
    Servers are very cheaper (very). It is not problem.

But someone must make game servers and this work is very hard. I'm search for cooperation. I need any C++ dev/reverser for PS3. If you can help me - contacts in my profile.

Sponsored Links

Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News