Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

[Answered] Creating a PSARC file help?

Sponsored Links
    Hi,

can someone explain how do I create a .psarc file?, I want to repack my KZ3 without other languages, but when I start the game from the HDD it only shows the PS move screen

What I'm doing wrong? thx in advance
    Last edited by longhornx; 03-03-2011 at 02:42 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Best Answer - Posted by barrybarryk:

no you're missing the point. The checks have absolutely nothing to do with the .psarc file spec. That's why it works for some games and not others.

Even some games that don't use .psarc files react this way when some one decides to remove a load of files because they're trying to save a few GB. It's called validation and it really is best practice when developing any software.

But it's entirely at the developers discretion whether to use it or not, that's why some games work without the .psarc files at all (with tekken 6 and uncharted 2 you can just extract them so there are no files greater than 4GB and they'll run fine from an external).

But again, nothing to do with the .psarc file specification and nothing to do with anything Graf has done. Simply built in measures specific to each game to prevent against corruption etc.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    You are probably going to run into problems anyway. Just removing the language files doesn't mean the game will magically work without them. How much space are you going to save doing that? I would just leave them in and avoid the headache altogether.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    ~4GB if i keep the files and erase the data? (empty files)

worth a try but still might not work. some games work with that method some don't. It just depends on the binaries but you will always have less trouble with unmodified files.

this has something to do with eboot.bin psarc's hash check?

it doesn't matter, its different from game to game (programmers choice really) but yes if there's a hash check it'll be in the eboot.bin or other binary and you'll have no control over it.

I erase the data from the files I want delete, and the game won't start

graf had not done a research in the .psarc files?

Yes because graf obviously told you to do it and it would work. You didn't read anything in this thread did you?

ya, I had read all the in this thread but seems a bit weird the hashs check with the psarc files.

OK, it doesn't work, I got it

no you're missing the point. The checks have absolutely nothing to do with the .psarc file spec. That's why it works for some games and not others.

Even some games that don't use .psarc files react this way when some one decides to remove a load of files because they're trying to save a few GB. It's called validation and it really is best practice when developing any software.

But it's entirely at the developers discretion whether to use it or not, that's why some games work without the .psarc files at all (with tekken 6 and uncharted 2 you can just extract them so there are no files greater than 4GB and they'll run fine from an external).

But again, nothing to do with the .psarc file specification and nothing to do with anything Graf has done. Simply built in measures specific to each game to prevent against corruption etc.

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News