Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[Answered] copy protected SAVEDATA help?

Sponsored Links
    Hi All,

When I need to format my PS3 HD I backup my SAVEDATA by downloading them from dev_hdd0 using ftp server.

I loaded them on a SD and I saw them using the savedata utility on XMB.

Now the problem is quite simple, when I try to copy from the SD to the PS3, for Need for Speed SHIFT, XMB tells me that that savedata are copy protected. If I copy it to dev_hdd0 using FTP Server (in /home/0000042/savedata) the game doesn't recognize them.

All other savedata works correctly.

How to solve this problem and remove copy protection ?
    Best Answer - Posted by costocart:

first of all you can't remove the copy protection feature... at least not yet. you should have used the backup utility (instead of savedata utility) to transfer your copy protected save games.

You can backup the whole drive with the PS3 Backup Utility however it's still not going to let you restore your copyrighted saves to anything but the original PS3.

If you back up data on a PS3™ system and then transfer data to another PS3™ system using the data transfer utility, copy-prohibited saved data that is included in the backup data cannot be restored on either system.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    first of all you can't remove the copy protection feature... at least not yet. you should have used the backup utility (instead of savedata utility) to transfer your copy protected save games.

You can backup the whole drive with the PS3 Backup Utility however it's still not going to let you restore your copyrighted saves to anything but the original PS3.

If you back up data on a PS3™ system and then transfer data to another PS3™ system using the data transfer utility, copy-prohibited saved data that is included in the backup data cannot be restored on either system.

Sponsored Links

Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - PS3 Forums - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News