Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Question [UnAnswered] Converting Disc-Based saves to PSN-Based Saves?

Sponsored Links
    Hi everyone,

As you probably know, inFamous and Burnout: Paradise were both offered as part of various reimbursements regarding the PSN Outage. Now I already own these games on disc, but would obviously prefer to play them from the hard-drive, purely because I get faster load times, and don't waste any more use of my BD-Drive (I have a launch console so I get worried ).

The problem I have is that the PSN versions of the games have compeltely different save files to the Disc ones, so I'd have to start again to use the PSN versions. So, as the title states, I'm looking for a way to convert or edit the files so they work on the PSN versions. I've tried use the Save Game tool that got released recently (the one that converts a save from another user into your user) but that hasn't solved the problem.

I've also tried to edit the .sfo files within the save games, but when I try to copy the data back to my PS3 over USB, I get a "Save data is corrupted" error. I can upload the save files if needed, and I also run OFW, so there is no possibility for me to FTP the files in. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Can you please upload the Param.SFO for both the save files (Disk Game and PSN Game)?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Thanks for helping me out I've also found that Ratchet and Clank: Quest for Booty has the same problem so I've uploaded that aswell.

Burnout Paradise:
    Disc Based:
    [Register or Login to view links]
    PSN Based:

inFAMOUS:
    Disc Based:
    PSN Based:

Ratchet and Clank Quest for Booty:
    Disc Based:
    PSN Based:

Once again thanks for the help, I eagerly await your next reply

I too had Infamous 1 on disk, but traded it in and bought other games since. I too downloaded Infamous1 through the psn program.

I kept the Infamous 1 same files on my ps3, and was successful at loading up my old game saves through the psn version of Infamous.

I tried this so I could finish up the missing tropies. Not sure what you are doing wrong, but, it worked fine for me.

I think the problem is that I'm from Australia, and the PSN Store here only offers the EU version of the game. It's the same game and it's in PAL format, but the BCES code is different.

Sorry for the slow response

Here is the my Modified Param.SFO file. [Register or Login to view links]

Just replace the Param.sfo file in the InFamous (PSN) save folder with this one.
    Last edited by HeyManHRU; 06-11-2011 at 11:44 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I just tried to use the save file, and whilst the XMB picks up that it is a fully completed save, I still get the "The save data is corrupted" error when I try to copy it over. Any other possible solutions or am I stuck in the mud?

Try replacing the "STATE" and "PARAM.PFD" files in the PSN save with the one on the disk save. Keep the original PSN save files in a different folder in case it doesn't work.

That hasn't worked either. Thanks so much for helping me so far Have you got any other ideas?

I know I'm double posting but I can't find the edit button. Anyway, I got inFAMOUS to work by copying over the STATE file from the Disc version to the PSN version. This made the game load up to where I was in the disc save, so everything is nice on that front.

However, Burnout and R&C don't seem to work this way. They copy over fine, but on loading I get a save data is corrupt error, with error code (80029207). So if you have any ideas on how to fix Burnout or Ratchet, it would be much appreciated.
    Last edited by Daishogun; 06-12-2011 at 05:16 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Sponsored Links
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News