Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[Answered] Controller Sync issue on DEX Firmware help?

Sponsored Links
    After converting my PS3 from CEX to DEX i'm having sync issues with my controller.

The PS3 is starting when i press the PS Button on the controller but after that the controller gets no number assigned and isn't syncing wireless. If i connect it with the wire the controller is syncing till the next restart.

I tried to reset the controller first but the problem stays. After that i tried to reinstall the firmware, downgraded to 3.55 again and updated again to 4.20 and then 4.21.

Does anyone have an idea fixing that?

Banned User
    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I had exactly the same problem as this, i downgraded back to 3.55 using the downgrade pup, then installed itskamels 3.55 dex, and it was fine, but as soon as i went to 4.21 it would start again.

my solution was to use dex 4.11 and the issue seems to have stopped.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Think i should give it a try.

Recognised 5 mins ago, that the controller is syncing when i start the PS3 with the on/off button and not with the controller itself.

Banned User
    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    confirmed, same with me. dont power on the console with the controller and turn controller on after the console has started and its now syncing fine.

same thing with 4.11 id just never noticed cos i wasnt turning console on with controller. must be a dex thing.

Thanks Zoddi
    Last edited by G Sus; 10-18-2012 at 12:22 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Same here, but i began experiencing these same controller malfunctions with 4.11 DEX. only way to fix is use 3.55 until you need higher FW.

Banned User
    i leave mine on dex 4.11 as i dont need to go back to 3.55 (i have a second ps3 on 3.55cex) only issue i have with dex4.11 is sometimes when i switch it on, it starts and jams with the sony ribbons. only way to recover it is pull plug and restart it, then it works fine, just glad the freezing isnt very often. its usually after disconnecting from prodg.

or after using bluraydrive to play rocksmith.
    Last edited by G Sus; 10-18-2012 at 01:27 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Wink

thanks for the info dudes ..

Sponsored Links

Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News