Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[Answered] Concerning different PS3 CFW versions help?

Sponsored Links
    I'm not entirely new to the scene, just very out of the loop. 2 years ago I downgraded from 3.60 OFW to 3.55 CFW kmeaw.

I've not done much with it since then, and came to catch up. With all the different types of CFW/MFW I'm finding it hard to understand if I should upgrade or what version to choose.

I'm on 3.55 kmeaw, I quit playing my PS3 because I simply couldn't play any of the new games on it anymore as they required 3.60 or higher as time went by. Actually, I've bought 2 games since then Catherine and Ni no Kuni and haven't been able to touch them due to this.

Where do I go from here to maximize compatibility with my backups? I've done some more research and have come to understand that I definitely DO need to upgrade. But again, I've come to a problem I can't find the answer to...

What i'm trying to figure out now is if I should upgrade to Rebug 4.30.2 D-REX Edition, Rebug 4.41.1 Lite Edition, or 4.40 Regero.

I've been hearing more praise on the Rebug versions, but I don't get the differences between the 3? And also, although I don't think I'd want to go back to 3.55 kmeaw, I want to make sure that whatever version I upgrade to, I still retain the ability to downgrade.

Any help?
    Last edited by dmjohn0x; 05-23-2013 at 05:22 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Best Answer - Posted by hilongo:

Hi there dmjohn0x ... To make it really simple for you... as you don't seem to mess too much with your PS3... you could go straight to Rebug 4.41.1 Lite ... then, you'll regain online access and full compatibility with recent games. And you can go back when you want to.

You can do well with any of the cfw you mention if you just want to play games... so it is more a matter of taste. i have installed Rebug and i am happy with it.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Hi there dmjohn0x ... To make it really simple for you... as you don't seem to mess too much with your PS3... you could go straight to Rebug 4.41.1 Lite ... then, you'll regain online access and full compatibility with recent games. And you can go back when you want to.

You can do well with any of the cfw you mention if you just want to play games... so it is more a matter of taste. i have installed Rebug and i am happy with it.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    hey there hilongo i was wondering if you could help me out ?

sure mate ... if I can, I will

Sponsored Links

Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News