Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

[Answered] Compatible Motherboards with Original 60GB PS3?

Sponsored Links
    I was just wondering, aside from the obvious motherboard of the same exact model, would any other PS3 version's motherboard work to replace a 60GB one like the 40GB or the 80GB? Thanks guys

PS- The model number of the motherboard(s) would also be appreciated if someone knows. Thanks again

I think only one other motherboard might be compatible.. I have the CECHA01 and I'm thinking the CECHE01 of the first 80GB version? The only thing is I think I'd then also need a new Blu-Ray drive...
    Last edited by Typhoon859; 10-05-2010 at 12:30 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Best Answer - Posted by Typhoon859:

Quote Originally Posted by Frago View Post
    yeah this i working but why u gonna give 189us dollars for a 80gb and not 15o for a 60gb with memory cards support and 1 year warranty from sony?
    I wouldn't. That was just an example of an 80GB that I thought would work. Plus, like I already said, Sony didn't offer me that (that wasn't one of the options) and any chance at that is gone now that I've opened my PS3 before.

Typically, they're sending back PS3 Slims now... I don't think there's any way they'd send you a new original 60GB PS3 and if you choose to ask them to fix it, they try to convince you that they'll send you a fixed different one and all sorts of crap like that. Plus, if they try to fix it, I really have a feeling that'd be temporary just like when I do it - not very long term. It'll also take too long probably.

As I linked to earlier, I personally got the original 60GB in an almost new condition for around $126.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    why do you need a new board? YLOD? have you tried the reflow? i just had to & it worked...but my system borked out on me all of asudden, (barley play it & wasnt dusty @ all in it when i opened it)

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    http://www.ps3news.com/forums/buy-se...ts-110703.html

Yeah, I have the YLOD. Doing a reflow makes for only a temporary solution each time I do it, no matter how, and intense games like Uncharted 2 basically kill it instantly.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    try sending it to a reputable repair shop that does reball/reflow with an actual machine made for that particular purpose. if you replace the mother board you need to make sure you can get the blueray controller board that came with that motherboard, meaning you get used parts because the controller board is paired with the motherboard and the drive will not work on a replacement board without the original board for that motherboard... not sure why someone hasn't brought this up already...

I've taken the PS3 apart 4 times already. I don't seem to remember any other board besides the motherboard and I guess I could count the little board for the power and eject buttons. The blu-ray drive plugs directly into the motherboard. I'm a bit confused on what else I need. Am I missing something (in terms of memory/understanding)?

Also, in a reputable repair shop, it wouldn't be worth the price for them to fix it. I actually just got a, supposedly, close to new 60GB original motherboard off e-bay from a PS3 which supposedly is being parted and sold because of a blu-ray drive issue it always had. Got it for $126.72. I'd say that's pretty good if it works and lasts me another 3 years at least. I'm concerned now that there might be a problem. Will there be?

The description for it isn't exactly accurate so don't look at that, but I spoke with the seller. This is what I got: [Register or Login to view links]
    Last edited by Typhoon859; 10-12-2010 at 01:03 AM

the 1st gen models are most likely restricted to the same mobo versions they shipped with -- meaning 20gb model could only use the same, and 60gb (CECH A) could only use the same.

2nd gen should be interchangable between the other 2nd gen model's mobo.

i don't know this to be true but judging by hardware specification changes, it is logically sound (not fool proof )

No guys each ps3 20gb 40gb 60gb and 80gb have diffrent from the begging motherbords they have difrent coling system power suply and many others,the only parts they have the same is the wifi card and the fan send it to sony pai 150euro and take they send a new 60gb console with 1 year warranty.

Quote Originally Posted by Frago View Post
    No guys each ps3 20gb 40gb 60gb and 80gb have diffrent from the begging motherbords they have difrent coling system power suply and many others,the only parts they have the same is the wifi card and the fan send it to sony pai 150euro and take they send a new 60gb console with 1 year warranty.
    They didn't want to do that, and especially now after I've already taken the PS3 apart before. Plus, I already got that motherboard ordered. It's from the same model. You're saying it wouldn't work?

no i say from a diffrent model you have they won't work if you have 60gb the 8ogb wont work and it won't fit in the case of a 60gb its diffrent.

Ah, ok. Just for it to be clear for others though, I was under the impression that the 80GB mobo would work as well. There's two 80GB versions. I'm talking about the first one - the CECHE01. It looks to be the only one that's the same: [Register or Login to view links]

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News