Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[Answered] Cleaning PS3 console from dust inside help?

Sponsored Links
    Is it advisably to blow compressed air (gentle) into the air-went of the PS3 to get roughly 2 pounds of dust out from the dark inner?
    Best Answer - Posted by racer0018:

It does help it however it works better if you take apart and clean it. You can also put it in fan mode, to do this make sure the red light is off and hold the eject button and then plug the ps3 in and keeping hold the eject button into the fan kicks on at top speed. Let it run for a few. Thanks

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    It does help it however it works better if you take apart and clean it. You can also put it in fan mode, to do this make sure the red light is off and hold the eject button and then plug the ps3 in and keeping hold the eject button into the fan kicks on at top speed. Let it run for a few. Thanks

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    pull it apart and clean. as racer says its by far the best way.. just be careful if you haven't done it before or you don't understand electronics..

Might as well get it all done at once, replace the thermal paste while you're at it.

Registered User Russeltheoneeye's Avatar
    How do you take it apart? I think mine is dirty as well. It won't read any disc and won't eject hardly at all.

thanks racer0018 for this tip

Quote Originally Posted by racer0018 View Post
    Thanks, I didn't know the fan trick. It slowed my fanspeed down a lot and a lots of dust came flying out, But i can't keep it running for 'a few minutes' cause after about 45sec it shuts down automatically and the red light blinks. Then I have to pull the power and restart it. Is that normal?

Sponsored Links
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News