Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[Answered] Cheapest reusable way of downgrading a PS3?

Sponsored Links
    I have never attempted soldering before so would need to be solder free though experienced at building pcs.

I have a fat 80 gig pal ps3 which I got December 2008 (was a Little Big Planet pack) that sits here doing nothing, I might play a few hours every 3 months on psn but I spend almost all my time using emulators on pc or getting pc versions of games now I have a i7 pc.

So I was wanting to downgrade to install CFW then in future get a cheap ps3 to have for CFW and my main for psn, also can use the CFW one as a media centre.
    Best Answer - Posted by racer0018:

well I would have to say that the cheapest way to do it is to pay someone to do it for you. I offer this service and there are some others that do as well. Look at the for sale section of the forum. It all depends on where you live. If in the states i can help if some where else then i can help with that. thanks

Also one more thing. If you have a nand ps3 you will have to get a progskeet and that will have to be soldered. Also if you cant solder then you will have to buy the clips.

what is the model of your ps3? thanks

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    well I would have to say that the cheapest way to do it is to pay someone to do it for you. I offer this service and there are some others that do as well. Look at the for sale section of the forum. It all depends on where you live. If in the states i can help if some where else then i can help with that. thanks

Also one more thing. If you have a nand ps3 you will have to get a progskeet and that will have to be soldered. Also if you cant solder then you will have to buy the clips.

what is the model of your ps3? thanks
    Last edited by racer0018; 10-22-2012 at 06:58 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Banned User
    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    dekaspace its not hard to do your own downgrade, as long as you do some searching and reading you can do it. i did 5 ps3s (americas versions) using E3, and in the long run charging people for this service paid for the flasher (i'm happy and so were the others).

racer0018 where can you get those clips? i want to downgrade my 80GB motor storm system (since its banned from psn). i'm in the states, can i purchase them here? or are the over seas?

Curious. How does one get banned from psn? I've been out of the loop for a while and have never heard of anyone getting a permanent psn ban outside of using stolen card info to make purchases.

It happen when the ps3 was at the start of being hacked. They banned some ps3s from being online cause they were running Cfw online.

But you can get the clips for the progskeet here in the states.

Sponsored Links
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News