Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I charge mine using USB on my tv

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by Bartholomy View Post
    You can charge your controller even with a computer, using your hub. Obiouvsly if you was expecting a charge using your hub plugged on your ps3 when off, it will not work..
    The power LED on the external USB hub is still on, even though the PS3 has powered down. The hub is powered via a AC adapter from the wall outlet. I wonder if the hub somehow deactivates if it fails to detect a live signal from the PS3's USB port...

I disconnected the PS3 USB from the hub, and I even tried another powered hub I use with my external drives: the game controller won't charge from this powered hub either.

I tried my Motorola Smartphone's USB wall charger, and the game controller won't charge. This charger can output 1800mA, as measured in my Android phone logs.

The game controller charges via my PC's USB port. But my PC is nowhere near my PS3
    My guess is that the PS3 game controller needs a live/valid USB (data?) signal to charge; power alone is not sufficient.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by racer0018 View Post
    I use a charge unit i bought at kmart for 10.00 dollars, it charges 4 at one time, not to bad.
    Do you have a name for that device? Have been looking at some on Amazon, but I need one that will continue to charge even when the PS3 turns off.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Uhm? Just usb port on your pc is able to charge your controller? That's new..

Yes, the only way to charge a game controller appears to be via a device with a USB port with a valid data signal. A powered USB port with no data signal doesn't do it.

I'd like to have a fully charged game controller at all times, even when the PS3 is off. Charging via the PC is not a viable solution for me.
    I suspect there are devices out there that can simulate a USB data signal to charge the controller.

This thread can be closed.

Answer: It can't be charged with the power off. Or you need to buy a PS3Charge station (names may differ). They are made just to charge te PS3 controller.

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News