[Answered] change language of a game?

is it possible to change the language?

i'm sure its just a string in a file somewhere as most games carry every language.

It probably depends on the game. I'm not sure that it's true that most games have every language. If the developer went far enough to set it to a specific language then they could also only include the appropriate language files.

Anyway, if you knew for certain that a game had more than one language because you could see, for example, English and Russian audio files, then you could try swapping them around and see what happens.

i tried deleting all german files and changing the references in another file to only goto english, the game just ends up crashing the ps3. i give up

btw the game is singularity (duplex's rip)

You can't change the language in the game menu ?

negative, no option to - strange.

I know what you mean with the file change on the disc, but I think if their should be any language for the game, it is on the disc that you can set it on the game menu.

game automatically sets language according to your ps3 settings... if you're stupid enough to run german ps3 you will get german game, hence if you del the german files on hdd it crashes.

you can easily delete all the "unneeded" (i.e. other than your ps3s language) language folders (also the update pup) without it crashing tho...