Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[UnAnswered] CECHE01 80gig but has no Card reader w/ 2 USB

Sponsored Links
    Weird deal, here. My friend's PS3 needs a new Blu-ray unit. Machine does nothing when you put in a disc. Only thing that happens is the blue light comes on next to the green, but you can't hear the disc spin. After looking up part numbers, etc...Model #CECHE01 is supposed to be the 80gig. Well, this machine only has 2 USB ports no card reader, and an 80gig hard drive. How do explain an 80gig with 2 usb ports?

CECHE01, according to [Register or Login to view links] should have 4 and card readers, which this one does not.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    First the EU 80gig Model are the same like the 40gig models.The only differentc are the larger hdd and i think a new 65nm GPU.

And do you meen the BD-Drive self or only the Lens?

The lens should be no prob but if you buy a drive dont forget that the PS3 have the FW of the BD Drive stored in his owen.So if you buy a drive with older FW on it, it will not work for youre frinds PS3 if they will be on a higher FW. And i dont know exactly but maybe the PS3 BD Drive also have a uniq DVD Key.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by cfwprophet View Post
    First the EU 80gig Model are the same like the 40gig models.The only differentc are the larger hdd and i think a new 65nm GPU.

And do you meen the BD-Drive self or only the Lens?

The lens should be no prob but if you buy a drive dont forget that the PS3 have the FW of the BD Drive stored in his owen.So if you buy a drive with older FW on it, it will not work for youre frinds PS3 if they will be on a higher FW. And i dont know exactly but maybe the PS3 BD Drive also have a uniq DVD Key.
    Thanks for the reply. We opened the PS3 using a good tutorial online. The part number on the BD is Kem-400AAA. We got one from here:

[Register or Login to view links]

Now I'm going to have to install firmware on the new part?

Thanks again

You mean the whole drive. So first i would say give a try and install it maybe youre lucky and the drive work like a charm.
    But i read a post from a guy with the same problem like you have and as he have installed the drive it would not work to better say the PS3 is not to work together with the drive.

What does this mean? The drive is working and eat and eject disks but the PS3 does not recognize any disk. In the past there was also a BD FW update together with a normal PS3 FW update. Now the BDs FW is on 1.2 im guess. I dont hear any thing about that we self could flash the BD Drives. But it haves a old IDE. Maybe there is a way to flash it from PC but you will need the BD FW and i never heard or read that it would be available for us.

You should ask the Dev Team im pretty sure that they could help you to get the new BD FW but im not sure if there is a way to flash the drive.

EDIT: found some more information.
    Just an update on this. We have found that "some" drives are indeed swappable but it depends on the revision of the board on the drive. If the drive revision does not match the drive doesn't seem to want to boot. We noticed a letter in a circle and then a number in the right corner of the drive board which if they match will allow us to swap the drives between the consoles. Their seems to be three major revisions of the boards.

So the question is why aren't the others swappable?
    Answer:
    Different fw.
    So it seems that it not depends on if the fw on the console is higher than the fw from drive. It depends on the revision of the drive board eg. diferent fws. If we cant flash the drive than the only way will be for you to get the bd fw mached to the revision of your drive board.Than you will need a infectus to dump your fw. Put in the correct bd fw and use the nand ecc tool and flash back to ps3. (sounds easyer than it will be !!! )

Or buy the correct drive matched to youre frinds original one.
    Last edited by cfwprophet; 09-23-2008 at 11:17 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Wow. Ok.... I think I may need a little help in laymen's terms. The board I'm going to assume is the board on the bottom of the BD. I have the letter A circled and the number 2 circled. <EP GW> A 2

So, I ordered, "SONY PS3 Blue-Ray Replacement Laser KES-400A / KEM-400AAA Assembly with Stand & Moving Motor Arm".

When I get it, I should just swap it out from the BD chassis and install as normal? Or Should I find out if there are revision issues with the it, and the board I took off of the old one?

Thanks again for your help.

If the new drive board dont mach with the old one you do not need to swap becouse it wont work. But give a try.
    Only with testing we can get some results. Maybe something have changed or maybe it will work becouse of some things we dont know to this time.

Mainly i think you will need a infectus to dump and change youre friends ps3 fw and the ecc tool to resign the consoles fw with the matched bd fw in it.

Thanks again. The drive should be in today. I'll reassemble the BD and put the PS3 back together, and see what happens. I'll let you know how it goes.

Cheers!

Found something interesting maybe it could help you.

Replacement Drives: KEM-410ACA for 40/80gb PS3s and KEM-400ACA for 60gb ps3s.
    Replacment Lenses: KES-410ACA for 40gb ps3s and KES-400AAA for 60gb ps3s.

Found this on a german site. It seems that KEM are the drives and KES the lenses.But youre part nr. does not mach to this one.

Sponsored Links

Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News