Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[Answered] Can't run PS3 games help?

Sponsored Links
    So my PS3yes just arrived, I upgraded it and was able to get the whole package running. Using Hermes v4 since I don't want to lose the auto feature of ps3yes just yet.

However I can't really get games to run, I don't have my external hdd here so I used FTP (blackbox's ftp with winscp) to transfer games to the internal hdd and wanted to play off that.

The only thing I was able to get running is Wipeout HD (only with Gaia manager direct booting), everything else just goes blackscreen then drops back to the xmb (Tekken 6 gave me an error about corrupted gamesaves, while Army of Two just got stuck on black screen).

I don't have a disc in the drive (or a disc at all), and have tried pretty much all managers.

What could be the problem I ask of you?
    Best Answer - Posted by bitsbubba:

Hv4 was a bad build, since Hermes has put out an update Hv4b (Hv4 has wrong files is what Hermes said)

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    after you choose the game from your internal/external drive (without disc in tray) when your returned to the xmb goto games app folder and press X. then the game starts

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I have this problem sometimes, Tiger Woods 11 and SAW doesn't seem to start at all and I have others that do the same.

Lightbulb

Some games require a disc in the drive, check the compatibility list.

Quote Originally Posted by Nespavost View Post
    Some games require a disc in the drive, check the compatibility list.
    which can be found here here but doesn't really tell you much about if a disc in is needed.
    Last edited by sykoNsc; 10-22-2010 at 01:16 AM Reason: oops

Hv4 was a bad build, since Hermes has put out an update Hv4b (Hv4 has wrong files is what Hermes said)

Sponsored Links

Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - PS3 Forums - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News