Maybe it's just corrupted PS3 software. Try this: boot in recovery menu and click this:
"Restore File System" and
If that doesn't help you can try reinstalling the same FW you have installed now. (Again via Recovery menu-option "System Update")
You probably already know how to acess Recovery Menu. If not:
1. Turn off PS3.
2. Hold The power button down; The system will turn on and turn off once again.
3. Once the System has been shutdown, re-press you finger until you hear 2 consecutive beeps
4. When you hear the 2 beeps take finger off power button.
5. You will be promted to plug in your controller via usb and then hit the PS button
6. The Recovery menu will pop up.