Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[Answered] Can't access certain folders on PS3 Test help?

Sponsored Links
    Hello to everyone,

Hopefully I have this in the right section of the forums, if not my apologies. But I am having a bit of a problem trying to access the /dev_hdd0/home folder/ on my PS3 Test (running the latest Firmware which I believe is 3.66).

Whenever I use FTP or a File Manager into the folder, I get either access is denied through FTP, or through any of the PS3 file managers I get a completely empty folder (Although there should be something in there such as a place for gamesaves, etc.) that just shows the folder's name in the middle of the screen (i.e. Comgenie's Awesome Filemanager) and nothing more.

So I wanted to know, do I need to apply a patch or something to my PS3, or do I need to downgrade to a lower firmware, or what could I possibly do to have FTP access to my gamesaves? Hopefully this is clear enough. Thank you to anyone who can help me.

Side note, the FTP Server I am using is blackb0x 1.2 or 1.3, I tried to use OpenPS3FTP, but it wouldn't run on my Test whatsoever.
    Best Answer - Posted by CJPC:

Nope, its a PS3 Test. It's designed to well, block you from accessing things. FTP servers were designed with Jailbreak in mind, which allows unfettered access to the entire system. A CFW would do the trick as well, however I would use a retail box for a CFW, instead of trying (and probably having something go horribly wrong) to port and flash it on a debug.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Nope, its a PS3 Test. It's designed to well, block you from accessing things. FTP servers were designed with Jailbreak in mind, which allows unfettered access to the entire system. A CFW would do the trick as well, however I would use a retail box for a CFW, instead of trying (and probably having something go horribly wrong) to port and flash it on a debug.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by CJPC View Post
    A CFW would do the trick as well, however I would use a retail box for a CFW, instead of trying (and probably having something go horribly wrong) to port and flash it on a debug.
    Would it even be possible to flash a debug console with the cfw's that are out now? I would actually be willing to risk the test ps3 to try and do so, but better safe than sorry if someone has done it ahead of me and it didn't work for them.

I wouldn't even try - the value of the debug console alone is instantly killed, sell it, trade it, before you even would think about attempting porting then flashing a CFW to it.

Sponsored Links
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News