Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[UnAnswered] cannot get ps3 backups to load?

Sponsored Links
    hi, i have been trying for days to find a solution for my problem, but can't seem to find one.

i have a board i bought off ebay, when i plug it in to the computer it shows up as a at90usb162, but when i load it with the at90 hex and try it on the ps3 nothing happens. so i loaded it with a teensy 1.0 hex and it booted the ps3 up and showed me the 2 extra folders, so i then installed backup manager 2, took my 1tb western digital drive and partitioned 200 gb and made the 200 gb fat 32.

i put resistance fall of man on it in the gamez dir, and the game shows up just fine in bm2, and also open manager, and 1 other manager, but after i click load in the manager it releads back to the ps3's game menu, and my game shows up when i scroll to the appshome "or whatever its called" folder but when try to load it it goes to a black screen and freezes the ps3. only pulling plug to restart it works. now i also tried backing up gow3 to the external, and to the internal hd, and same thing freezes when i load the game.

also i don't understand if the board and hex file matter, the board must be good, and have worked if the 2 extra folders show up right?

and one other question, can i go online with my ps3 without connecting to psn, or if not, do i have to worry about my ps3 updating fw on me if i do try to connect it to the net?

thanks
    Last edited by sorcerer860; 10-03-2010 at 12:49 AM

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    How much hard drive space do you have free.. I had a issue like that early on and found out I did not have enough free hard drive space once I updated that I had no problems...

Also make sure you delete all files from the game before backing up, example updates saves and so forth.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Make sure you have the BUM compatible psgroove load. If you can't locate it, i have the file and i can give it to you.

Quote Originally Posted by swampbird View Post
    Make sure you have the BUM compatible psgroove load. If you can't locate it, i have the file and i can give it to you.
    i have the hermes payload v1 teensy 1.0 hex file is that what you mean?
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakhen View Post
    How much hard drive space do you have free.. I had a issue like that early on and found out I did not have enough free hard drive space once I updated that I had no problems...

Also make sure you delete all files from the game before backing up, example updates saves and so forth.
    anyway, i have a brand new 160 gb ps3 never played any games on it, bought it just to jailbreak. all i have on the internal hd is god of war 3, so i believe there is still like 130 gb free space.
    Last edited by sorcerer860; 10-03-2010 at 02:24 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

First of all here is what my setup is: i use the same at90usb162 but use the blackcat Teensy 1.0 which seems to work better and Open manager 1.13 so delete any other namager you have before you start.

Remember to reset it when you stick it back in the pc. If you need to re-program the Minimus then putting it into DFU mode for programming is very easy:

a. Plug the Minimus into the USB port of your PC.
    b. Press and hold the RESET button.
    c. Press and hold the HWB button.
    d. Release the RESET button.
    e. Release the HWB button.
    f. That's it - now you are ready to program with Flip

so the hex file that is loaded on the board dosen't matter what board its made for? and does this mean that just because i have the 2 new folders in my games menu of the ps3 that the hack might not be working or working correctly?

Looks like you have the right hex file

I believe backup of GOW doesn't load from app_home/PS3_Game it freezes. You need to insert a original Game then load the backup with backup manager and it should appear as the game with the Blu ray disc icon. select it and it should work. might be the same with Resistance not sure since i dont have it. but i do know the resistance only works from the internal hdd not external
    Last edited by marc2590; 10-03-2010 at 04:00 PM

ok. the only game i have on disc is gow3. i tried loading resistance from the bdisc icon, but it shows up as gow3 and not resistance, and loads as gow3. the only place it shows up as resistance is on the app_home/PS3_Game folder. and i used the little program to take the file over 4 gb in resistance and it extracts it into a folder so that it can be played off the external. i would ftp the files, but how do i connect the ps3 to my home network without it updating my ps3 fw on me. or will it not automatically update the ps3 fw when i connect it to the net.

Sponsored Links

Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - PS3 Forums - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News