Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Registered User xxberserkvashxx's Avatar
    Sponsored Links

[Answered] Can You Play Region 2 DVD Movies on a U.S.A. PS3?

Sponsored Links
    Is there some hack to allow the ps3 to play DVD movies from any region? If not is there a program out there that I can use to patch my movie isos to region zero and re burn them?
    Best Answer - Posted by dajedimaster:

not possible, get a cheapo dvd player.. that has a way to make it region free.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    As far as i know, there is no way to play R2 DVDs on a USA PS3.

But you can decrypt your DVDs, make a region patch and burn them on an DVD+-R. The are various programs on the net. Google for "DVD Decryptor" or "DVD Fab".

Hope i could help! (and excuse my bad english )
    Last edited by apie; 02-07-2009 at 02:00 PM

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I think region 2 uses PAL so even if you were to remove CSS encryption and region coding on the disk, the US PS3 won't play it. I have a US PS3 and find I cannot play Region 4 titles even if they have no region code on them - the PS3 complains about not being able to play PAL discs.

There is a way out of it. Rather than create a DVD image of the title, use DVD Shrink or whatever to rip the 4 or more vob files into one large vob file. If it's less than 4G burn the one file to a DVD and that will play on the PS3. It seems that while the BD/DVD player in the PS3 will not play PAL titles (for a US PS3) XMB doesn't care. And with the latest firmware you can get some of the upscaling features that are in the BD/DVD player

not possible, get a cheapo dvd player.. that has a way to make it region free.

Sponsored Links
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News