Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Exclamation [Answered] can someone help with ps3 problem?

Sponsored Links
    Im having a problem with with my ps3. When i play for a while the game freezes up. So i turn it off then back on and it has green patches all over. I let it sit for a while and turn it back on it will start playing again. Has any one had this problem?
    Best Answer - Posted by idone:

If your "green patches" look anything like this you most likely need your RSX chip reballed.

If you still have a warranty i suggest you use it fast!! And backup your data while you can!

Banned User
    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    maybe your lens have a problem . is your console heats when it freeze ?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Sounds more like a cleaning problem.So with time console getting scummy and if some dust will be sit on the main PU´s this could couse the processor to overheat.It must not be the main PU´s, it could also be a little chip or the fan itself.

Try to open up and do some cleaning but be carefull.Or let a modder do the job
    Last edited by cfwprophet; 04-03-2009 at 09:03 AM

Banned User
    If your "green patches" look anything like this you most likely need your RSX chip reballed.

If you still have a warranty i suggest you use it fast!! And backup your data while you can!

Attached Thumbnails<br><br> Attached Thumbnails

100_3318.jpg  
    Last edited by idone; 04-03-2009 at 11:58 AM

If idone meaning this "green patches" similar to the 3RLoD than i heard of some people they used a method similar to the headgun fix from the x360 and it worked.

Banned User
    ^^^ while a heat gun may provide a temporary fix..in the long run it might just be better to pay someone to reflow or reball the chip...

a heat gun can easily do more damage than good XD

So i only can talk about my experience and there for im a console modder i have repaired a lot of x360 with the headgun fix and only a few like 2-3 from 100 does not work like a charm.All others, and costumers have confirmed, work great and flawlessly

I dono want to dis you idone its just and only my experience

Banned User
    ^^ do you heat the entire board so it does not warp?

No!I only heat up the parts that could couse this error.So CPU,GPU,RAM,SouthBrig and NorthBrig.It is not 100% cleared wich of this parts couse this 3RLoD.To head up this parts and make the x-clamp fix will work to 98% of this consoles.

And some other hobby modders reported to me that here board warped up a litle bit.But for me this does not happen

Im extremely carefull while fixing up a console.

Sponsored Links

Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News