Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[Answered] Can somebody help with a fastfile .ff header?

Sponsored Links
    Well i've been messing around with the hdd decryption and i downloaded the Call of Duty World at War patch then went throught the whole decrypting hdd process, and so on. So when i decrypted the dummy file i was browsing through looking for the patch and i see this patch_mp.ff...patch.ff....patch_ui_mp.ff....patch_ ui.ff default.ff

So i scrolled down a little way and i happend to see these 12 bytes IWffu100...ƒ

those same exact bytes are used on the .ff files on xbox, thats the header you delete those to decompress it with ZLIB. So i copied the file out of the dummy file and made it too a new file and tried to decompress it with ZLIB then which i just get a data error.

So i search on the internet trying to see if there is different headers on each of the .ff files and i come accross this tool called Fast File Tool it said it will decompress every fast file for cod4 and cod5. I tried it and acually decompressed the CoD WaW patch file! But theres one problem i have know way to compress it back

the tool only had the decompress option. i used ZLIB to compress it but the file size was half the size as the original file. So now i'm stuck with a decrypted decompressed ps3 patch file. If anybody can help me figure out how this Fast file tool is decompressing these files or try and find the header please reply because this could lead to a HUGE exploit to CoD4 and CoD5 games.

i don't know if i'm allowed to put a download link to the compressed and decompressed files but if you wanna try and help me PM me i guess or if i'm allowed to post them i will just edit this and post some links up.

thanks...
    Best Answer - Posted by Ihatecompvir:

And Ihatecompvir comes in for the kill. I edited WAWPAtch.ff and then compressed it.

Contains jump_height 999, DPAD_UP says "Ihatecompvir is god", and godmode.

I'm not sure how you're going to get these back on the HDD though, I believe in you bro. Also can you get the MW2 patch files?
    The header is this.

IWff0100

These would be better. In case you want to continue this, PM me. I don't want this to get out before it's ready.

Sponsored Links

Thumbs Up

Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by hunterrr View Post
    i don't know if i'm allowed to put a download link to the compressed and decompressed files but if you wanna try and help me PM me i guess or if i'm allowed to post them i will just edit this and post some links up.
    I am OK with you adding the links here, it may makes things easier for others who'd like to check them out as well.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Sweet man thanks

Here's the download link [Register or Login to view links]

the files arent named in order or anything in that matter there was a total of 5 or 6 files in the whole patch. Its kinda hard to get every file when you have to hex the files out

There's a tool in there called Fast File tool which decompresses the file, so what i'm trying to figure out is how its decompressing it.

Question

Have you tried to recompress the saves once you have uncompressed them with the same tool?

Quote Originally Posted by shummyr View Post
    Have you tried to recompress the saves once you have uncompressed them with the same tool?
    If it had the option i would by the way there patches

And Ihatecompvir comes in for the kill. I edited WAWPAtch.ff and then compressed it.

I'm not sure how you're going to get these back on the HDD though, I believe in you bro. Also can you get the MW2 patch files?
    The header is this.

IWff0100

These would be better. In case you want to continue this, PM me. I don't want this to get out before it's ready.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Question

Does anybody know what this is?

[Register or Login to view code]

i've heard of selfs and eboot.bin but what exacly do they do? is there a way to decrypt this?

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Ihatecompvir View Post

The header is this.

IWff0100

So how did you actually compress that file?

Big Grin

Quote Originally Posted by hunterrr View Post
    Does anybody know what this is?

[Register or Login to view code]

i've heard of selfs and eboot.bin but what exacly do they do? is there a way to decrypt this?
    .elf are like .exe on pc. They are executables. .self are encrypted version of the .elf files.

Sponsored Links
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News