Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[Answered]

Sponsored Links
    I've heard lots of things like the PS3 will be dominated by the Wii, or that Sony is losing 2 billion just to make them, or the most famous that developers are dropping the PS3 because it's just too hard to make games for it. Then we hear that Microsoft will lower it's price for the 360 to get more buyers.

The only major problem I found that hassles every gamer that wants to buy a PS3 is the price. Of course most aren't going to buy the $500 one because
    of a 40GB difference in HDD, and no wifi, and no memory card reader, and no HDMI. It just SCREAMS don't buy me! I don't know why Sony even bothers to make them.

So the gamer looks towards the next best thing, the Wii. Fun, compact, and entertaining. Everything a person needs to have friends over to play with. Yet, how long can you play a game on it without getting tired. Looks like Miyamoto forgot to turn off the wiimote's pointer ability for a bit.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    well, to be honest, console whores like me will get both...i support nintendo and sony consoles (sega when they were alive)...im not a fan of xboxes tho...

i think they will sell... i think they will get their marketshare and make the money back... i'd want the wii to do well though. i'd hate to see nintendo do poorly enough to drop out of the console wars, but yeah... i say with all the (possible) capabilities a PS3 has, it will emerge to be on top again.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Honestly I think that the PS3 will have a very slow start. But it will dominate in the end. Take now for instance, how many people don't own both a PS2 and a Xbox. Hell most people even have a Gamecube just to play Resident Evil, I know I do. As for the 360 it still has the biggest problem any system can have. No really good games that you can just play over and over again. So if you ask me it is going to be a real interesting holiday season.

just like the PS2

if my memory is correct (which it might not be ) everyone was saying the exact same things about the PS2 that they are about the PS3, (too expensive, hard to do coding on, cheaper alternatives, ext...) but look what happened there, the PS2 is the best selling console ever, its still selling more a year than the newer stuff and its been what?... 5 years now!

i think the PS3 will be the same considering Sony has its own fanboys and general recognition, i mena the small children will get the Wii (more "fun", less mature) the older ones will get a PS3, and from what i have heard and played on the Xbox360, well they better hope they sell alot now or make an amazing turn around, theres nothing very exiting going on with it game wise

Does anyone know how long it took the PS2 to recouperate sales? It has been out for 6 years already. Sony has made their statement that they will have better sales in 5 years. But if the PS3 does well enough that we see alot of endorsements by celebrities and commercials, and practically alot of exclusive games that make you want to preorder it months before release (like DMC4 or Killzone 2) + a $100 dollar price drop than you've got a winner.

Its not really the hardware that makes a system great its the games, all systems tend to have some great games for themselves and such. but you must take into account for the PS3 the price of a game, right now there are looking to be between 70 and 110, partial due to cost of media and other such things. and those who have said that the 360 doesnt have anything exciting game wise, i dont know about that. its really all perpective of course, for myself there is Mass Effect im really looking forward to that as well as a few other games that are slated to come out.

No of course PS3 will have final fantasy and such and Wii will have Zelda, all such games im looking forward to, i am abit reluctant to buy a ps3 when it comes out just due to the price im also not a fan of the 2 price points and the lack of upgrade options it just stinks of wanting to make money and sorta force people to get the more expensive one and such. but oh well i guess.

Quote Originally Posted by LinuxPS2
    if my memory is correct (which it might not be ) everyone was saying the exact same things about the PS2 that they are about the PS3, (too expensive, hard to do coding on, cheaper alternatives, ext...) but look what happened there, the PS2 is the best selling console ever, its still selling more a year than the newer stuff and its been what?... 5 years now!

i think the PS3 will be the same considering Sony has its own fanboys and general recognition, i mena the small children will get the Wii (more "fun", less mature) the older ones will get a PS3, and from what i have heard and played on the Xbox360, well they better hope they sell alot now or make an amazing turn around, theres nothing very exiting going on with it game wise
    Don't forget that FFX11 and Xenosaga are coming out for the PS2 soon, so there definitely is some life left for the PS2.

It's all about the games and the PS2 has had so many great ones, that I agree that it is the greatest system of all time. As for the XB360, things are a bit slow now, but come the holidays I expect to see quite a few games coming out for it.

As far as the Wii, I'll guess we'll see

I will not get it when it is first released. Sony has a bad rep when it comes to releasing their first few batches. Remember the PS1 bad laser construct leaving users to turn the system upside down or the system would have 'hiccups'. Or the first batches PS2's after a month or so would'nt read blue discs, or certain dvd movies or dvd games.

How about our PSP's when released could shoot out your UMD while playing not to metion the pixel issues. No thanks, I will get the PS3 when they really work out all the bugs. That way I dont have to worry about my unit doing something retarded like shooting me in the arse with a Blu ray disc when I hit the eject button.

Quote Originally Posted by masmun
    Its not really the hardware that makes a system great its the games, all systems tend to have some great games for themselves and such. but you must take into account for the PS3 the price of a game, right now there are looking to be between 70 and 110, partial due to cost of media and other such things. and those who have said that the 360 doesnt have anything exciting game wise, i dont know about that. its really all perpective of course, for myself there is Mass Effect im really looking forward to that as well as a few other games that are slated to come out.

No of course PS3 will have final fantasy and such and Wii will have Zelda, all such games im looking forward to, i am abit reluctant to buy a ps3 when it comes out just due to the price im also not a fan of the 2 price points and the lack of upgrade options it just stinks of wanting to make money and sorta force people to get the more expensive one and such. but oh well i guess.
    I don't know; when the PS2 first came out I didn't buy it. Eventually I did buy a PS2 but only had it briefly. I did buy a Gamecube at launch, but I later regretted it as there were basically no games for it. Eventually I just sold it.

I also bought an XB360 at launch and it's been sitting there too (I'm thinking of just selling it now). Oblivion is great, but there aren't very many must have titles at the moment. I feel like it won't get very much attention from developers in three months time.

The PS3 on the other hand has everything I want; it can play BluRay, as well as games. Plus, PSP connectivity sounds interesting.

Surprisingly, this is coming from a fan of Nintendo and Sega for a long time. I'm a bit weary of the Wii because I want to see if developers actually implement the Wiimote or whether they will be too lazy and go with standard controls.

Who knows.

Sponsored Links

Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News