Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[Answered] Can I update over a PS3 update help?

Sponsored Links
    hey all.. so good new with the PS3's both of them are now functioning and boot up to the XMB no problem.. turns out it was a bluray problem like a few of you suggested. well anyway. my issue now is that neither disc drives want to work.. they spin up but do not read the disk. i replaced a laser and that made no difference. so i did some looking around and it seems to be a result of the update i used.

note: i did not get the update from the official PS website.. probably where my downfall is. anyway!.. my question is.

can i update OVER my current firmware with the same firmware without using a flasher?

for example. my PS3's are on the current 4.31 firmware.. no mods, nothing. but i got it from a random site (bad idea). so now i'm wanting to install the same 4.31 only downloaded from the PS site. can i do this without a flasher?

i have the flasher installed, but its being a bit buggy, and i thought if i could do a simple fix it would be better. thanks.. sorry if it sounds a bit complicated.

edit: i'm wanting to install this official update because my BD isn't reading discs. i think that should fix it
    Last edited by BlackStallion; 01-25-2013 at 07:20 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Best Answer - Posted by windrider42:

Yes you can Install OFW 4.31 over CFW 4.30 that shows 4.31 in system menu.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Yes you can Install OFW 4.31 over CFW 4.30 that shows 4.31 in system menu.

Sponsored Links

Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News