Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[Answered] How do I downgrade my PS3 console help?

Sponsored Links
    i have an original phat ps3 serial: CEHC. can i downgrade this and if i can what do i need?

i did a min version check and it says 1.00 so thats fine.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    This is a nand ps3 so you will need a progskeet or a teensy 2.0++ to downgrade the system as the e3 will not work. You will have to
    Solder direct to the nand pins for this model. If you are not good at soldering I would not even try cause you can mess up the ps3 by trying.

If in the states I offer this service for a cost. Or if you want to try I will help with that also. They make a solderless solution for this the progskeet with the nand clips. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    i'm not that comfortable with soldering, so just to check, is the progskeet a non soldering option? ie will it allow me to downgrade without having to solder anything? also, i know there is always a chance of bricking but provided i follow a tutorial how likely is it that it will brick my ps3?

The progskeet can work without soldering but you have to get the clips extra with it. And if the clips are not set perfect and you get a bad read there is a high chance that you could brick the system. You have to make sure you get a good read from the chips. Soldering is the best way to do it.

It all depends on the watts. I would use anything over 25. If you get the jtag pads to hot they will come off snd then the ps3 womt work if you take off certain ones. Thanks.

is soldering it relatively simple then? i have a soldering iron but i have never used it. it has some standard solder, is that alright?

also, is either teensy or progskeet easier?
    Last edited by alex22808; 06-17-2013 at 04:41 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Hi i'm new here.. how can i JB my PS3 CECH 3006A?

You can't. These systems can't be downgraded.

Quote Originally Posted by alex22808 View Post
    is soldering it relatively simple then? i have a soldering iron but i have never used it. it has some standard solder, is that alright?

also, is either teensy or progskeet easier?
    If you are not good at soldering then don't try to solder to the legs on the nand chips. I do downgrades for these systems. If you use the clips make sure they are set right and you get a good dump before writing anything.
    Last edited by racer0018; 06-18-2013 at 12:13 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Sponsored Links
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News