[Answered] Can game updates block my JB ?

Hello, guys

Before I started using JB, I bought Little Big Planet, because the game is pretty for my girlfriend. I have 1 original DUALSHOCK 3 joypad and 1 non-original.

In some games I can play with 2 these joypads (fightings), but LBP can't be playable for 2 players with non-original joypad (same for GT 5 Prologue). I heard that LBP needs 2 original pads to play 2 players, also that there is update which allows playing 2 players with non-original joypads. If this is true, I would like to download "LittleBigPlanet Patch 1.23" from this site.

So, if I update LBP to v1.23, will it be possible to play on non-original pad ? Anyone tested ?

Would be good if YES, but if NOT, will this update (or any other) NOT change some part of firmware to block use of JB ? I know it's not the same as firmware 1.42, but I would like to know.

My firmware: 3.41 FIXED

cheers

Game updates have no impact on FW version and can't affect JB functionality.

However Sony could (in future game releases) require higher firmwares and auto-update.

Quote Originally Posted by F1R3WALL View Post
    However Sony could (in future game releases) require higher firmwares and auto-update.
    They already do that MoH needs 3.42

Sorry for my English

Yeah, it's obvious to me that games will require higher firmware, because $ony wants to survive

So, it's impossible for 100%, because it needs (for example) different mode of working PS3 to block JB's ?
    Last edited by mcx997; 10-08-2010 at 10:01 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Game Updates do not and never will stop your JailBreak from working. However like mentioned above games may be released such as medal of honour that require the 3.42+ update. However the medal of honor firmware check is bypassable and jopefully that will be the case with future games.

What's to stop game updates from adding FW dependacy to games? Granted, you can always uninstall them (the games) but they can easily prevent using game updates on JB'ed machines, I imagine.