Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[Answered] Burning large PS3 package installs to Blu-ray help?

Sponsored Links
    Hi all,

I'm just curious if any of the following is possible now on recent cfw and/or multiman. I'm trying to conserve hard drive space

1) is it possible to burn large package installs to DVD/bluray data disks and install from that media as opposed to copying the package to the local harddrive (Or USB)?

2) can you burn retail games to a bluray and play them normally as if it was purchased?

If any of these are possible and there is a link to a tutorial please point me in the right direction. Thanks for the help!
    Last edited by jarvis; 09-02-2013 at 02:46 PM
    Best Answer - Posted by JeoWay:

No. The official Blu-ray disks that have the actual paid game on them are encrypted.

Now, if you are on a Custom Firmware, you can burn it to a regular DVD or Blu-ray disk and run it through multiMAN

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I'm pretty sure you can...

But if you have a copy of a game that you've downloaded from the PSN store or you got a .pkg file from PSN Stuff and you extract it and convert it to a disc version. (Sorry if its not the correct term)

Then I guess burn those files to the disc i think it might work..... Im not sure i've never done something like this soo.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    No. The official Blu-ray disks that have the actual paid game on them are encrypted.

Now, if you are on a Custom Firmware, you can burn it to a regular DVD or Blu-ray disk and run it through multiMAN

Sponsored Links

Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News