Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Lightbulb [UnAnswered] burned ps3 game rumors

Sponsored Links
    ok so i heard rumors about there being a way to burn ps3 game that could fit on a dvd disc and to simply boot it in the ps3, i simply wanted to know if it was true or even possible.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    You can rip (via PC using a Lite-On DH-401S drive, PS3 Linux, or PS3 SAK) and even burn them back to disc, but there is no way to play them on the PS3 yet.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    i wish it could. ps3 is now 2 years and still not able to run homebrew...

it is better if a modchip came soon, that would be great news
    Last edited by plavkic; 08-09-2008 at 07:47 PM Reason: :(

Asking if one can rip a BR disk and put it inside a DVD is the same as asking if one can put 5 elephants inside a Beetle, ain't it?

well

i meant like 4 gig games there are some out there and they fit on a dvd but can they run on a ps3 ?

Lightbulb

Like Fight Night: Round 3 (4.28 GB) you mean I assume... and ya, this has been examined by several PS3 Devs and the most they could do on a retail PS3 is get it to boot and then crash if I recall correctly.

I think even hacked2123 was experimenting with this at one point, but could never actually get it to run (play) fully.

let me ask this question in this thread... why putting on a release site with releases if there is no way to play those games?

Quote Originally Posted by Donnie View Post
    let me ask this question in this thread... why putting on a release site with releases if there is no way to play those games?
    Mainly just for collectors and courier credits on topsites.. that same that was done when they were able to dump GameCube images a few years before the first GameCube mod came out to actually play them.

It is worth mentioning that some games that do fit on a DVD-R (or a DL) can indeed work on a TEST unit if not on a Blu-Ray disc, even games too large for a DL can be ripped down, and do fit and play, but again, it's on a development unit.

However, the hope is, once we do get games running, we can use rips instead of full versions with 5 'extra' languages.

Sponsored Links
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News