Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

[Answered] Breathe new life in my Ps3 help?

I just picked up a brand new tv today, and plugged my ps3 into it, first time I played it in over a year. I was wondering if someone can bring me up to speed with my system... right now it is running fw 3.41 and backup manager v1.0

other then that I have never had a external hd working with it and would like to know how to get that up and running.. I would assume by now once able to install programs there is a way where I would not have to use the black cat ?

format your ext hdd to fat 32 using a format program.. google there are many free.. i use partion manager but there are lots for free.. on pc make new folder called GAMEZ or GAMES then plug into ps3

then put all your games onto it with an updated mutliman and go.. you can also update to rebug fw 3.41 or 3.55 up to you or kmeaw or build your own with mfw builder but id stay on 3.41 dongle or rebug myself.. thats me but others will disagree..

hope you enjoy your new tv , mate.. any issues let us know as we all glad to help here..

what would the benefit of being on 3.41 over 3.55? I gather 3.55 can be jailbroken as well

I prefer 3.55 for game compatability and ease of use.. no booting with a dongle either. To me 3.41 is the old way of doing things. and 99% of the releases are ready for 3.55 and don't need a special fix to make them run on 3.41

Ok so I got 1 mod that says he prefers staying on 3.41 and another says 3.55. I do like the sounds of being able to boot without using the dongle. I would like the easiest possible way to go about bringing my system up to date... so 3.55 can also be jailbroken?

and would I have to go about doing anything differant to my black cat in order to jailbreak the 3.55

For 3.55 you just update it with a pup file like you would any legit ps3 update. for Kmeaw 3.55 you would update to official 3.55 (sonys) then enter recovery mode and install 3.55Kmeaw pup from a flash drive, reboot and perm CFW.

i just went from 3.55 to kmeaw 3.55, never even had to use recovery mode.

wow that was almost a year ago, kmeaw plus multiman have served me well.

Quote Originally Posted by TheShroomster View Post
    For 3.55 you just update it with a pup file like you would any legit ps3 update. for Kmeaw 3.55 you would update to official 3.55 (sonys) then enter recovery mode and install 3.55Kmeaw pup from a flash drive, reboot and perm CFW.
    Ok I think I understand this... Find sony's Official 3.55 put that on a mem stick, update the ps3 to 3.55 then how do I enter recovery mode?

and also anyone with a link to multiman and kmeaw 3.55?

You may have trouble finding 3.55OFW, someone may have to upload it. After you do find it, place PS3UPDAT.PUP in a folder X:/PS3/UPDATE/ (X: being your flash drive's letter, of course). Power down the PS3, place the USB in the port, press and the hold the button to boot it back up and back down. Then press and hold again and you will hear two beeps, you will now start in recovery mode. Go to system update, from usb, and it will update it. Go through the okay, accept, etc. Move your usb back to your computer, place kmeaw's pup as PS3UPDAT.PUP in the same spot, repeat the process. After that's done, you will have "Install packages" and "_app/games" or whatever on the XMB under game.

multiman (2.09.00 full)- http://www.ps3news.com/ps3-hacks-jai...e-is-released/
    kmeaw's 3.55 cfw patched pup - http://www.ps3news.com/forums/ps3-cf...ry-118021.html

Arrow

Here is the Official Sony PS3 3.55 Firmware also: http://www.ps3news.com/forums/downlo...o=file&id=4748

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast