Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

i use a basic ibm mouse to do this (cheap optical mouse). i just noticed the laser light flickering and seem to need more power so i cut usb plug off it (leave extra wire on plug) and i cut another plug from another usb cable and wired both plugs back on cut mouse cord now i gots 2 plugs. if u just wire the power wires and not the data wires on second plug then you could connect extra usb plug to ps3 usb port. if you connet all wires then ps3 usb data will mess up mouse function.

Is this what you are thinking of? http://www.madcatzstore.com/store/viewItem.asp?idProduct=2883&idCategory=114

What's the process of getting the BT keyboard to work?

I have a Dell BT keyboard and mouse for testing. I am running 1.51 on the ps3 turn on bt kb and mouse and press "scan" button. BT light comes on a flashes slowly.. go to ps3 xmb -> register bt headphone/etc as I did not see any other option. at one time I had it working with a pair of headphones which is still registered. I answer yes to scan for new device but it never picks it up

any help would be most appreciated!

Hiya, i just ordered one of these: http://www.btc.com.tw/english/2-7-30keyboard.htm#9029URFIII from ebay - looks pretty good and almost half the price of the logitech Dinovo Edge at Approx £50.

Will post an update once i've received it to let you all know if it works with PS3 or not (if not it'll be a bit of a pain, but i can use it with my media station pc anyway, so i won't mind too much!)

It didn't work for me either. It may be the brand though...

I can now confirm that the shintaro work in PS3 mode. I just plugged in the dongle and it worked straight away

quick update the keyboard i bought (see post 37) works great.

Just put batteries in, plug in the usb dongle and boot up the PS3 - works first time. lovely keyboard too.

The keyboard has a joystick style mouse controller (like a big 'nipple') on the right, the left & right mouse buttons are on the left - which sounds weird, but is actually very intuative and works well. the keyboard itself is almost full size (less numberpad, and with a smaller return key)

All in all I am very impressed. Just need to get linux installed and start playing with that now!

PSPSwampy.

Quote Originally Posted by qtx999 View Post
    I have a Dell BT keyboard and mouse for testing. I am running 1.51 on the ps3 turn on bt kb and mouse and press "scan" button. BT light comes on a flashes slowly.. go to ps3 xmb -> register bt headphone/etc as I did not see any other option. at one time I had it working with a pair of headphones which is still registered. I answer yes to scan for new device but it never picks it up

any help would be most appreciated!
    I'm affraid that it's not possible to register the BT Keyboard and / or mouse to PS3 with FW prior to 1.60 ... :-(

Gyration wireless products are excellent too, with good RF range. I have a wireless gyroscopic mouse and keyboard from them that I've been using on my Media Center for a couple of years already. It uses a single bus-powered USB port for the transmitter. It worked great on my PS3 so I just bought a USB sharing/switching device to use it seamlessly between the two machines.

So I am back looking at some bluetooth devices for my PS3 and... any news yet on people using those foldable bluetooth keyboards and the portable bluetooth mouse from the manufacturer iGO, model Think Outside/Stowaway?

Or ANY brand/kind of foldable bluetooth keyboard and a small/compact bluetooth mouse?

I emailed the iGo company asking them if they know anthing about the compatibility of those withe the PS3 but I haven't heard anything back yet

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast