Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Thread: Blu-ray trouble

Sponsored Links

Exclamation [Answered] Blu-ray trouble

Sponsored Links
    Hi,

I'm wondering if someone have an idea if i am on the right track. My 40 Gb ps3 went down about 2 weeks ago, stopped reading games and blu-ray movies. The thing is it isnt all dead it seems like it is overheating (the laser). When i turn on my ps3 after being off for a while i can play games and watch movies for about 15 minutes then it stops reading the disc.

The disc still spinns but very slow. My first thought was the blu-rays driver IC since it got so hot i could barely touch it. So i got a new one replaced it, but still same problem. So my question now is if its possible i becomes this warm if the laser is bad and having hard time to read. Like if the IC tries to force more power to the laser so it can read the disc.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    my friend maybe ur ps3 motherboard has the overheating problem, so do that i say to you dissasembly your ps3 and change the paste on the cpu proccesor and see any chang if the problem continious i don't know try the ps3 ylod.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by Frago View Post
    my friend maybe ur ps3 motherboard has the overheating problem, so do that i say to you dissasembly your ps3 and change the paste on the cpu proccesor and see any chang if the problem continious i don't know try the ps3 ylod.
    I don't really think that's the issue here since i can play dvd movies listen to audio cds and play games from Hdd without any trouble.

I've had this same kind of problem before with my old 40GB PS3. What you might want to do is keep your console unplugged for awhile and let it cool down for about 2 to 3 hours, then play it for some time making note to unplug whenever you're done using the console. If it completely goes out, and you don't see your PS3 trying to load a disc (with that loading icon in the upper right) then you're gonna need to have it get looked at professionally.

Sponsored Links
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News