Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[Answered] Blu-ray forcing PS3 update help?

Sponsored Links
    Lads,

I'm trying to play The Smurfs on blu ray for my kids on my Kmeaw 3.55 120g but its trying to force an update on it. Is there an easy work around for this? I want to stay on Kmeaw if possible or is there a more up to date fw.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Well, you gotta reburn it on a BDR, and maybe it will work (with multiman and his special functions). If not java dependent.

Cheaper solution? Download a bdrip, bro (This is what you should have done at beginning, to be honest )
    Last edited by Bartholomy; 03-30-2012 at 02:18 PM

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Thanks for reply Bart but wasn't there a spoofing FW that tricked the PS3 into thinking it was on 3.72?

The rented Smurfs blu ray is looking for 3.72.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Wow, I didn't know blu ray discs could do that. I remember trying some beverlly hills chihuahua movie and I didn't get this. The movie was probably old though, so that's probably why I didn't have this problem.

Its the first blue ray Ive ever tried on the PS3 and incidentally The Smurfs is a recent sony release which may explain the forced update.

I am lost on this one, I only play them on the ofw ps3. The jailbroken one is for playing games. Might have to do some digging on this one. Thanks

Well... you bought it so spoofing might work. BUT updating in the future might be a pain in the rear then.

I would bring back your Bluray and download it.

i imagine if that was the case sony would put the playstation update on the blu ray film disc too? you can check by going to system update with the disc in and see if it starts the update.

Sponsored Links

Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News