Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Registered User dghfdhbfghgfhfg's Avatar
    Sponsored Links

[UnAnswered] Blu-Ray Firmware extraction.

Sponsored Links
    Does anyone have a way of connecting the ps3 blu ray drive onto a pc so i can extract the firmware from it? If you dont know how to exactly than just make a guess but make sure its a decent guess.

Sponsored Links

Lightbulb

Sponsored Links
    Here is some info on the drive.. a start anyway

PS3 Blu-ray Drive Pin-Out And Signal v0.1: http://www.ps3news.com/forums/downlo...o=file&id=3897

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Looks good. I was thinking about putting wire in the slots on that and somehow wireing it up to my pc but then i thought my pc would new drivers for the device installed on it and i dont know where i can get the drivers. im not gonna solder anything on the br-d till i know it will acctually work. just incase anything does happen it would be nice if someone could find me a link to another br-d i could replace my ps3 with.

Sponsored Links

Arrow

Sponsored Links
    I've seen the Sony PS3 KES-400AAA Laser Lens available:

[Register or Login to view links]

[Register or Login to view links]

ok thanks. Now if i can get more tips on how to connect the br-d to my pc that would be great.

anyone know for a good BR Burner for the pc?

Quote Originally Posted by Maverik View Post
    anyone know for a good BR Burner for the pc?
    This is the least expensive one I could find from a reputable company: [Register or Login to view links]

This is also a pretty damn good deal, considering you're only about $10 above the price of getting a 25GB Bluray blank disk on top of the Liteon drive: [Register or Login to view links]

But overall, you won't be seeing prices drop until Bluray is further embraced by the end of the year. Right now, there are so few Bluray burners that there isn't a real reason to lower the price. But considering companies like BenQ are releasing their burners in August, I can guarantee that the price will drop by around $100 by the end of the year. These are the same prices that DVD Burners were at before they became more plentiful, after all.

May I ask why you want to dump the firmware of the BD?

You should dump the firmware in its Flash ROM by hardware.

Sponsored Links

Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News